New to the board... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New to the board...

Hey everybody...I have been on the board here for about a week now. I have already learned alot so far and hope to learn even more. So far the only "mod" I have made is adding a K&N Filtercharger. I also picked up some Bosch Platinum +4's and some Borg-Warner Select Custom Fit wires this week, but the weather won't let me swap them out! Hopefully I will get a picture up soon...but you all know what a stock Explorer looks like right? Future upgrades I am looking for is a Superchip, some Superwhite headlight bulbs, some driving lights (my XLT didn't come with them from the factory), and MAYBE a nice black steel brush guard...any other suggestions? I won't likely be doing anything off-road, so Just aesthetic and performance upgrades.

Speaking of off-road....how much can a stock explorer do?

1997 XLT, Black with Gray Interior
15" Goodyear Wrangler RTS tires
Monroe Shocks
K&N Filtercharger
Bosch Platinum +4's
Borg-Warner Select Custom Fit Wires

[Edited by Tim K on 12-17-2000 at 09:51 AM]

Originally posted by Tim K

Speaking of off-road....how much can a stock explorer do?

About as much as you can afford to fix. I took my 92 stock through mud and water that it never should have made it through, but we don't have rocks in East Texas. If you change the automatic hubs to manual ones you will get farther away from home before you get stuck.

Welcome to the page Tim!

Dead Link Removed

And it's been much worse.....the explorer can do much more than several people think. There's not a doubt in several people's mind that in a few years you'll start to see more of these truck locked up and ready to go. I hope to be one of them

Welcome to the site.....can't wait to see some pics

youd be surprised what a little aesthetic enhancing can do to the late model explorer, im a prime example!! (sorry guys, i just love showing off my ride!!)
Dead Link Removed
Dead Link Removed
NEW PICS WILL BE UP SOON, I GOT SOME NEW DECALS I THINK YOU GUYS WILL LOVE!!

Back