• Register Today It's free!

New v3.0 Build Available

UofMEngineer

Reaction score
City, State
Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
20' Escape Hyb Titanium
FYI, the latest update is available on the owner portal. Should also be OTA as well.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Not in my portal online. Will check OTA.

Should be available via both the owner portal as well as OTA.

Just tried in my EXP. Let it check for 10 minutes. Gave up. I'll try tomorrow.

Downloaded mine to the computer then USB Drive. Since the update may take up to 30 minutes according to the instructions, I'll try that part tomorrow when I Have a short trip to make since the vehicle has to be running.

Peter

My currently installed version is already V3.0. It was installed about a year ago. I believe the build is 19083. Is this latest update in addition to what I have?

Peter

My currently installed version is already V3.0. It was installed about a year ago. I believe the build is 19083. Is this latest update in addition to what I have?

Peter

This latest release is 19205. The one you have now should be 18093.

Thank you. Current build likely is 18093. Right numbers, wrong order.:)

Peter

Still nothing on my Portal.

Am running 18093 currently in a 2019 Sport, tried OTA with no luck, and the site is unresponsive right now - just spins forever on the "Update Your Sync Software" page here: Download The Latest Ford SYNC® 3 Update | Official Ford Owner Site

It looks like they are right in the middle of or just within the past few days did a migration to using IBM's third party SSO oAuth for handling logins (you might notice the different look for the login), which could be adding to the problems. They might also be doing a staggered release, but right now its just not functioning properly. Sigh...

My current build is 17276. I opened up the autoinstall.lst file and see these two lines with version numbers.

SYNC3 Consumer Assembly Upgrade - Release 3.0.21 - Only for NonNav/NonEU assemblies.
[SYNCGen3.0_3.0.19205_PRODUCT]

Did I see somewhere that this adds Waze? Or improves Waze? I've never used Waze before. Does that use the same internet connection that Ford Pass uses?

Tom

Just tried OTA...just spinning and spinning.

My current build is 17276. I opened up the autoinstall.lst file and see these two lines with version numbers.

SYNC3 Consumer Assembly Upgrade - Release 3.0.21 - Only for NonNav/NonEU assemblies.
[SYNCGen3.0_3.0.19205_PRODUCT]

Did I see somewhere that this adds Waze? Or improves Waze? I've never used Waze before. Does that use the same internet connection that Ford Pass uses?

Tom

Waze might of been a part of 18093, which has been out for a bit.

Ran the update in the Explorer tonight and it took no more then 5 minutes. Build is now 19205. Also reported successful update completion back to my Sync account site.

Peter

Just tried OTA...just spinning and spinning.
I'm not aware of anyone who has been able to run the update over the air.

Peter

I ran my update successfully via USB. Any idea what it fixes?

Just updated my 17 Escape and 19 Explorer using USB. Update took a minute or so to actually start the update and then maybe 5 minutes to finish. Did turn off the auto update feature in the car to use the USB. Not sure if that is required.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My '18 explorer has build 17276. It tells me it's up to date when I check for updates over wifi. Will it only do the user updates via USB, since I actually want actually up to date even before this newest release

Back