New v3.0 Build Available | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New v3.0 Build Available

Have you checked your Ford owners to see if it shows an update is available? As I've mentioned, I don't recall anyone doing an update over WiFi.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Have you checked your Ford owners to see if it shows an update is available? As I've mentioned, I don't recall anyone doing an update over WiFi.

Peter

I haven't yet as I rarely have access to an actual computer. I do most from my phone/tablet and I can't access it that way. I find it interesting though that I'm supposed to be able to update Sync over my wifi, and it says it's up to date, but clearly isn't.

Hmmmm.... I had my mom log into my Ford owner amount to look at it for me. It says I have no updates or downloads available, but I'm apparently 2 build versions behind? I don't understand. Is the newer builds only for certain models/years?

As far as being 2 builds behind, that was exactly my thought when you posted your build number. As far as I know, this update is for all those with Sync 3.

Peter

As far as being 2 builds behind, that was exactly my thought when you posted your build number. As far as I know, this update is for all those with Sync 3.

Peter

I am new to all of this. Are the builds vehicle or maybe feature specific? Like, if you have navigation or not or something like that? Where does one find information about these builds of your Ford owner account doesn't show it? Contacting Ford customer support hasn't proven helpful, as they basically just told me what my account does lol

Wow. So frustrating. Ford customer support can only read me canned replies and is no acutal help, and my local dealership will charge me $135 plus tax to update me..............WTF. :(

no one in any department of customer service seems to have any clue that there is even a build number for Sync..................

My '18 explorer has build 17276. It tells me it's up to date when I check for updates over wifi. Will it only do the user updates via USB, since I actually want actually up to date even before this newest release
If you go to owner.ford.com web site with your car, does it show an update is available? Mine did for both my cars. I then used the USB method. My wifi did the spinning and spinning till I turned it off.

Wow. So frustrating. Ford customer support can only read me canned replies and is no acutal help, and my local dealership will charge me $135 plus tax to update me..............WTF. :(

no one in any department of customer service seems to have any clue that there is even a build number for Sync..................

Updates are free.

And still nada for me on the portal.

Just gave my car 15 more minutes of running scanning for updates. Nothing.

I give up for now.

It took me a couple days for the Sync Update page to finally load but I was able to get the download link:
https://ivsubinaries.azureedge.net/owner-package/14309196745656227394/JR3T-14G381-AS.zip

Here is the information from the autoinstall.lst
; SYNC3 Consumer Assembly Upgrade - Release 3.0.21 - Only for Nav/NA assemblies.

[SYNCGen3.0_3.0.19205_PRODUCT]
Item1 = HB5T-14G386-THA
Open1 = SyncMyRide\HB5T-14G386-THA.tar.gz
Item2 = HB5T-14G386-TCB
Open2 = SyncMyRide\HB5T-14G386-TCB.tar.gz
Item3 = JR3T-14G391-CE
Open3 = SyncMyRide\JR3T-14G391-CE.tar.gz
Item4 = JR3T-14G381-AS
Open4 = SyncMyRide\JR3T-14G381-AS.tar.gz
Item5 = JR3T-14G423-CB
Open5 = SyncMyRide\JR3T-14G423-CB.tar.gz
Item6 = HB5T-14G387-AAB
Open6 = SyncMyRide\HB5T-14G387-AAB.tar.gz
Item7 = GB5T-14G386-AB
Open7 = SyncMyRide\GB5T-14G386-AB.tar.gz
Options = AutoInstall,Delay

If you go to owner.ford.com web site with your car, does it show an update is available? Mine did for both my cars. I then used the USB method. My wifi did the spinning and spinning till I turned it off.
In post #23 he said no update shows on his account.

Updates are free.

Not if a dealer has to do it unless you have specific issue with the software.

Peter

Just gave my car 15 more minutes of running scanning for updates. Nothing.

I give up for now.
As I mentioned before, I'm not aware of anyone who had it work over the air. Do you have navigation?

Peter

No, my owner portal didn't show any update available

Updates are free.

Not if the car is out of warranty like mine. The dealership is free to charge whatever for their time to do the update

I got a hold of a service manager at my local dealership and he OK'd them looking at it at no charge. They couldn't find any reason why it wouldn't show I had an update available, so they went ahead and did it at no charge to me, as they said this should fix the bluetooth connectivity issues I've been having since I boughtthe car.

Unfortunately they gave my car back and now only 1 of the 4 tire pressure sensors read on my dash..... this wasn't a problem I had when I dropped it off this morning. Ugh. Stuck at the dealership note abs need to pick up my kid in an hour. :(

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I was also having trouble with the portal, I had to ultimately open a Sync support chat to explain the issue for which they escalated the case through tech support. Once they fixed it on their end I was able to get the download link to finally populate.

Ford Chat: Contact Us | Ford® Customer Service, Help & Live Chat | Ford.com

Glad you had luck with that. I talked to 7 different people yesterday and spent over 2 hours on the phone and none of the people I talked to even understood the build number thing. They just kept saying i had sync 3.0 and that that was the current version...... when I asked to escalate or speak top a supervisor, 2 of them got rude, told me there was no one else, and disconnected me - one on the phone, one via a chat so I have that in writing.

Back