Nitrous Bottle Openers | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Nitrous Bottle Openers

Nitrous Remote Bottle Openers

Anyone with nitrous is going to eventually want to get a bottle opener.....trust me. The main mfg's that everyone is familiar with are Nitrous Express, NOS, and ZEX:

BottleopenerL.png

f16058NOS.jpg

400-400-82009-001.jpg

The NX and ZEX kits are valve openers. That means that they use the nitrous bottle valve to open the bottle mechanically just like you'd do with your hand. The NOS is a solenoid opener and screws onto the bottle just like a stainless delivery line. The beauty of the NOS model is that a solenoid opens almost instantaneously when power is applied and it's doubles as a safety shutoff, too. The NX and ZEX kits are still very nice, but are actually opening the bottle valve and require approx 2 seconds to open.

I just bought the NOS solenoid type from Alec. With his help, I installed during my lunch-hour today. There are 3 wires Red, Black, and White. Red is 12V open, Black is 12V close, and White is ground. You can NOT see the valve opening thru the in and out ports, because the solenoid resides deeper inside the opener.

Because, it locks open and closed, all that is required (if you buy one used) is a momentary (self centering) rocker switch. Switches usually work in the opposite direction they are wired, because of the way contacts are closed:

From
Opener................Switch............Vehicle

Black Wire --- OPEN BOTTLE --- to +12V

White Wire ------- OFF------- to Ground

Red Wire ---- CLOSE BOTTLE --- to +12V

A few extra fittings were required to bolt up to my ZEX kit, so make sure you know what size AN fittings your system has. Always remember to check all nitrous fittings for leaks after making any changes to your system. If you see any icing around a fitting, then shut the bottle off immediately and investigate.

I'll get some pictures of the install probably this weekend. Toooo bizzeeeee! Happy spraying!:cool:

you will only find one problem with use of a remote bottle opener- you use nitrous too often. :D its just too tempting to have it there anytime you want. refill about 3 bottles in one week, you'll rethink it. trust me, you'll be spraying up offramps to get on interstate quicker etc.

DAMMMMEEEEEEEET! Never thought of that, James T! :banghead: HAHA!!

I'm probably going to need a part time job to support my N2O habit now. To hell with crazy theivin' crackheads.....watch out for nitrous junkies.....gonna be looking for loose change in the couch and under the seats to fill up my bottle! :p

Glad you're happy!

I have had the NO2 opener for about 2 years now and it works pretty well for me.

Back