• Register Today It's free!

No fuel no spark

Ruben9237

Reaction score
City, State
NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Ford Explorer xlt
Hey guys I just finished up putting a 3inch body lift and new seats and carpet in my 99 explorer 5.0 5speed.I started the truck about 10 minutes ago and no problem,now 15mins later it won’t start,the fuel pump is not priming and this all happend right after I put the plastic trim pieces back in the truck.I checked the fuel shut off switch and made Sure it was pushed down and swapped the relays and still no priming from the pump I ran a power wire from the batter to the + terminal of the fuel pump relay and it turned on but the truck wont start so I’m thinking I have no spark as well any help would be greatly apreciated

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Does the anitheft light go out when you turn the key on engine off?
Also check your grounds, like the ones near the battery at the radiator support and the ones by the PCM.

The theft light has been coming on from when I did the motor away because the pats system was deleted and I checked the grounds they all look good
Does the anitheft light go out when you turn the key on engine off?
Also check your grounds, like the ones near the battery at the radiator support and the ones by the P

The truck will help troubleshoot this if you follow that procedure .

Check fuses check mega fuse
Check the 5.0 ground cable at front if engine by timing cover

The truck will help troubleshoot this if you follow that procedure .
Yes check engine light comes on with key on.I don’t know what it was but I went back through and took the plastic trim piece off on the driver side and when I took the screw out it fired right up so I’m thinking I hit a wire with the screw so I guess problem solved for now thanks guy🤣🤣

Back