What % are the windows tinted on a 97 XLT? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What % are the windows tinted on a 97 XLT?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

WE have a 50% law here, oh well, I think that I'm going to get 40 put on this summer at a shop. Will it cost anymore since I have the ventshades on, I dont want the top part to be not tinted, anyone know?

I had the ventshades on mine when I got them tinted. It was no problem since they have to roll the windows down anyway to put the tint on. They didnt charge extar either. Hope that helps some!

I have a question

If i put 20% on top of the factory tint (black not bronze), what would i need on the front to match the back?

Lets do some math here. 17% factory + 20% aftermarket....... Put 20+17 on the front and it will match... Just put two sets of tint on for the closest match.

the shop that i went to doesnt want to put tint on top of tint, because they dont want to warranty it. would one set of limo up front be good enough to match 20 on top of factory 17?

It would only be a small degree of difference, which wold most likely only be noticable to you..... I'd say go for it. Just talk to the people at the tint shop, they are there to help.

Back