no name B2 | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

no name B2

Man i was just looking at your pictures from Purgatory and now i am itching to get back up there. I got to ride some of it once and i need to get back.

The BII is looking Awesome.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well the rear is a problem now, they flex much better and now get into the rear and started carving up my TSL's

Trip went well, carnage at the moment
1st Day
broke the grille off the truck in the first couple hours
Lots more body damage
2nd Day
Raining so i had my full door on and with the window down i pivoted on the door against a tree and exploded the glass, also broke the outside dorrhandle and the door wouldn't close after that. Pulled the door off then later pivoted aain and caught the b pillar pretty bad
Smashed the pass. door and now the window won't roll up all the way.
bent my exhaust which pinched it off, unbolted the glass pack to flow exhaust again but the cats are bent up and shoot exhaust right at the floorboard under the pass. seat
and at the end of the trip the RF broke.

only thing i care about is the Hub the rest is meaning less to me

the winch got a hell of a workout, but never to recover me. Their was a spot at the bottom of a hillside in the woods really off camber and extremely muddy, had to pull cable several times to clear the trail of other rigs stuck and sliding off the trail and out of the way.
TwistedTrailsAug2008070.jpg

TwistedTrailsAug2008069.jpg

TwistedTrailsAug2008068.jpg

TwistedTrailsAug2008067.jpg

before
IMG_2290.jpg

IMG_2278.jpg

now
TwistedTrailsAug2008004.jpg

TwistedTrailsAug2008007.jpg

TwistedTrailsAug2008006.jpg

buddy and me
08jeepfest147.jpg

You need sliders if you're gonna do all that pivoting!

backed up, turned wheel, slid forward into side of tree, backed up and CRACK, it was lieing on the ground. Some more changes are in the works with the body

103" wheelbase now

Oct108003.jpg

the back half of the cage had to go. Where it attached to the body in the rear is now where my tires will hit the body, so the body needs clearancing. The b pillar forward of the cage is still in the truck.

Oct1908shifters002.jpg

preview of the doubler, sticking working the shifters out, but you get the general idea.

Shot of the linkage assembled. (cell phone Pic)
3ff4b39e6d35.jpg

Got the doubler installed

Built a new trans crossmember, doubler installed, rear driveshaft. Still need to build a front driveshaft however and fix the floor in the b2 after getting the new shifters installed.

2hi
oct2108shifters003jw2.jpg

4lo
oct2108shifters005ww0.jpg

double lo
oct2108shifters004ve0.jpg

oh how things change lol

Jan312009001.jpg

Jan312009002.jpg

Feb12009003.jpg

TruggyMarch809005.jpg

TruggyMarch1109001.jpg

wow, geesh you should do some work on that thing or something :) LOL

I like the purple good choice of cab too :)

Did really well, I thought with how high it sat it was gonna feel horrible and unstable but it atually felt extremely comfortable.

Mashed the Right Fender, and need to resecure the Left lower coil bucket (kept popping the spring out) and the starter is having issues. Also it is running hot so a new thermostat is in the works.

IMG_3691.jpg

Found a tree
IMG_3705.jpg

kicking my coil spring back into the bucket
SundownersChili2009009.jpg

SundownersChili2009053.jpg

Let the wife drive it (shes not real good at the manual trans thing, but in 4-lo and 5.13's made it pretty easy for her).
SundownersChili2009049.jpg

SundownersChili2009002.jpg

DSC07664.jpg

DSC07692.jpg

is there a resign you went back to coils? o where you just bored lol

is there a resign you went back to coils? o where you just bored lol

The axle that had the leaf springs is now under my 91 exploder.

made my spare tire mount

IMG_3706.jpg

IMG_3707.jpg

Its held to the cage by the spindle....this way i do not have to carry as many spares in the truck with me..

one spindle, hub, rotor, lockout, bearings, and a stub shaft

Yep first day about 3 hours in i blew out the cross pin in the mini-spool in the 9"......Broke it in like 4 pieces rumping on it. Thankfully about two hours before we left on Last tues i welded up another carrier i had and packed it along. About an hour i had it fixed and wheeling again. This was Thurs.

Friday i had no real problems. I had developed a PS leak at an o-ring on the line at the pump, but an occasional top off kept that problem at bay.

Saturday we were playing and i started to spit a cap, but caught it before it munched a shaft. So got a spare ujoint installed on the trail and kept on rocking. Later saturday on the way back down the mountain i sudden;y couldn't turn left. The plate i welded to my frame for the trac bar mount began tearing off the frame and was taking the frame with it. So two rachet straps and my winch cable placed just right got it held in place so i could drive down the mountian.

It rained the entire time so every trail up the mountain was a waterfall, and every switchback was a greasy slip and slide.

Now for the pics
harlan32685.jpg

harlan32656.jpg

Fixing the 9"
Harlan32609033.jpg

Harlan32609052.jpg

Harlan32609028.jpg

harlan32715.jpg

Harlan32609007.jpg

harlan32809.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEblUcNBUl0

So i fixed up my trac bar and headed out wheeling this past sunday. First time using the truck since Harlan. I didn't get 15 minutes into wheeling and wasn't really even getting in it yet and

77b6b8ea2f9f.jpg

9inch.jpg

So i had Left side drive only. I am tired of breaking the 44 stuff so i went and got one of these :cool: for $200, it needs to be gone through but for the price i couldn't say no.

1995 F350 SRW D60
D60001.jpg

f4e8a54b2385.jpg

Thats one of my 44 shafts next to the D60 shaft.

So most likely within the next 2-3 weeks i'll have it under the truggy and ready to rock, plan for the rear is a GM 14 Bolt.

Gonna have 5.38's in the front with a loc-rite and 5.38 outback with an Orb of Traction lol.

Made my first trip out on the D60 and 14 bolt :headbang:

I beat the snot out of the truck and guess what, i didn't break a damn thing.....been a long time since i wheeled and didn't have anything to fix afterwards :D

Last out to this property i was trying to climb this and whne i got to the top there was an undercut and a broke both the RF D44 shaft and twisted the splines out of the RR 9" Shaft.
IMG_4093.jpg

Well this time out the ground was a bit wet so traction was a joke in the clay/mud based dirt. Tried a few lines and made a few attempts but couldn't climb it for ****. So i thought i would try one last line :laugh:

IMG_4098.jpg

Sideways just enough to loose oil pressure. But i did end up firing it up and reverse out of the crack and back on all 4's.

IMG_4100.jpg

IMG_4099.jpg

IMG_4090.jpg

IMG_4089.jpg

IMG_4088.jpg

IMG_4087.jpg

IMG_4086.jpg

IMG_4085.jpg

IMG_4084.jpg

IMG_4065.jpg

IMG_4064.jpg

Short video of one of the guys with me trying that crack

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8Jm05kQr9c

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Glad to hear that the 60 took a beating and kept going. Really cool pics and vid of your truck in action.
I'd love to build a hard core truck like yours just for trails only.

Back