North Georgia - Late July or Early August | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

North Georgia - Late July or Early August

I am in.. if i can ride with someone.. Diablows.. can i ride with you? heh.. you know since you broke my heart and are going to NY!!! lmao :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Wow! Someone actually wants to be my passenger! Unfortunately, one of my friends (2001gtboy) will be making the trip up with me. I would be more than happy to offer you the backseat, but I don't think you'd really want it. But hey, if you can't ride with anyone else, you can come with us! :) (And please, no guilt trips about breaking your heart twice :p)

Chris, I'm still interested! And if we go two weekends, I'll go twice :D

suggestion for you guys planning on still going.

check out new trail conditions and closures BEFORE you get there. anderson creek/amicalola is having issues with legality and which trails are legal. rich mtn they are contemplating closing the first 1.5 miles of the trail (which would make it much harder to find).

Originally posted by jasonb
rich mtn they are contemplating closing the first 1.5 miles of the trail

How does that work? I mean, if the first 1.5 miles are closed, wouldn't it be impossible to get to the open part of the trail?

Hmmm, I guess I'll just assume someone else is in charge of checking trail use issues :)

no.. you can come in from the other side. you'd have to turn around and go back out though most likely. i doubt that will be done by then, but who knows

no.. you can come in from the other side. you'd have to turn around and go back out though most likely. i doubt that will be done by then, but who knows

I made a thread about all those that are going to sign up under our "sXc" thread on here...... time is getting close :D

Sorry to jump in so late but would you guys mind one more! Im up for any weekend you guys plan, but i think ill have to ride with someone if they wouldnt mind since i am a lowly 2wd:D Can someone give me some details?

It is starting to look like I am not gonna be able to go that weekend. I have had some crap come up and it is looking like I will be all tied up that weekend. Sorry yall but I am sure yall will have a good time.

say it isnt so :(

Originally posted by GaSouthern1
It is starting to look like I am not gonna be able to go that weekend. I have had some crap come up and it is looking like I will be all tied up that weekend. Sorry yall but I am sure yall will have a good time.
:p Admit it! You just don't want to get your nice, white Mopar Monster dirty :p

shoot, I would love to get that thing dirty again

Alright, well I just got back from Tellico with everybody last night, and it has given me a new drive to try to get this thing going.

Just to recap: Now it looks like we're going the weekend of July 27th-28th. The plan is to do the Georgia trails (Amicalola, Rich Mountain, and Beasley's Knob).

As far as I know, Amicalola and Rich Mountain are fairly close together, so we should do both of those on the same day. It had been suggested that they be done on Sunday, and Beasley's Knob on Saturday.

How about Saturday night we camp somewhere pretty near to Beasley's Knob, then on Sunday morning we can wake up and drive to Amicalola. That way we don't have to worry about driving to the campsite after doing Beasley's Knob, and we can leave our stuff at the campsite in the morning and not trek it around on the trails with us.

I'm willing to start doing some research into camping and stuff like that, but I want to know how much interest there is before I start working on it. I know I'm still interested. Chris and Allie are interested. Noelle (96XBabe) is still interested. Jason and Patrick can't. Josh and Gerald, are you guys still in? Anyone else?

And for those that are waiting for more information, I'll see what type of information I can dig up for you guys in the next couple days.

For the record, I've been to Amicalola once a year ago, and I've never been to the other two, so I'm not trying to portray myself as the all-knowing trail leader or anything, I just want this to happen.

Please, everyone who wants to go or has any questions or knows anything I should know about this, post now so we can try to get this thing going!

my suggestion.. since none of you guys have driven these trails and are in all honesty new to rock type trails, i'd leave beasley out of the equation. its been rated as one of the harder ones on the east coast by one of the 4x4 magazines. stick to amicalola and rich mtn. rich will give you guys a day's workout and amicalola would give you a good day's workout as well considering you will have to turn around and come back out.

to get to rich mtn entrance (assuming they don't close it off before then) from amicalola is about 40 minutes because its on slow country road and you WILL get behind a beat up pickup that goes 30.

have fun!!!

That's probably not a bad piece of advice.

We could head up and do Amicalola on Saturday and Rich Mountain on Sunday (or vice versa if anyone cares), and on Saturday night we'll just camp by the trail that we're running.

So who wants to go?

3 hr drive for me :rolleyes: But count me in :D

That means so far the list is:

Chase (diablo5969)
Allie (eXplorerchic)
Chris (Chris4x4Gill2)
Noelle (96XBabe)
ExplSport02 (Sorry I don't know your name)

That's 5 people so far. Anyone else out there that wants to come?

I'll start looking into trail info and campsites and stuff like that later on tonight.

Woohoo, this might just actually work! :D

Mark.....:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Updated current list:

Chase (Diablo5969)
Noelle (96XBabe)
Allie (eXplorerchic)
Chris (Chris4x4Gill2)
Mark (ExplSport02)

Anyone else?

Just the fact that we have a list of names is making me look forward to it now :)

Back