Northern Colorado spring wheeling? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Northern Colorado spring wheeling?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey im new to the site and came across this....... I would like to join you guys depending on (Work/Difficulty of trail). My x is stock other than a set of Bf mud tires... :D

Welcome to the forum. Looks like your a third gen, I've never wheeled with one could be interesting on a few of the trails. Kelly flats you could do easy. And Lefthand should be able to do other than that leaning ledge (tippy tree) that could be interesting, but could get it through :) Same rough spot for my rig to not being able to flex up front leans you into that tree. Careful and slow and should be no problems :)

Hell yeah if Kelly Flatts gets opened up. Please let us know what you hear. And as far as 3rd gen wheeling, i was suprised by what they can do. It takes a good driver with a VERY good line, but that's true about most of wheeling. I went with one that has 31's and 2" spacers (top pic in the "notices" bulletin on the home page) and he held his own through the Ouray trip. The nice thing about Colorado trails is they have a good number of obsticle bypasses for Jeeps, errrr i mean stockers :D.

Ya i know its not built to wheel to hard but i would like to put it to the test and see how it does....... without doing to much damage (trying to buy a lift and i do not need any set backs :splat:. Let me know what you guys decide and we can go from there.

Not necessarily Northern Colorado but for anyone interested in some harder-core wheeling, the RMFTC group is doing chinamans and camping the weekend of June 10th, it's an annual trip and usually lots of fun :)
http://rmftc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7200

subscribing hopefully can make something!!!

i would also be interested in a Colorado run :) love it there... have yet to do anything but desert trail ridin. Runin 1st gen, 4" lift on 33's hope that's good enough

I don't remember lefthand having a gate, as I don't think it's in a natural forest. Definitely let me know if you hear anything, but its looking like that's where we are going to end up going

Lefthand is like Slaughterhouse gulch it never closes. It is low enough elevation that you don't have to worry about the Weather.

There is guy on one of the Jeep forums that has run the last 4 weekends in a row.

Awesome! I'm so excited been 6 months since i have been wheeling hard. :) Will be great to meet some of the forum guys and put names with faces to. It will be me and my wife coming down from Laramie. Or coming up I should say, I'll be in Parker CO the night before.

We decided on Saturday the 23rd it looks like, and will run Left Hand Canyon.
Left Hand Canyon

I believe these three will be there for sure.
turboexplorer
Stang5lgt
nssj2

Anyone else want to join?
Juman
mattadams
offroader_69_me
glom742
joker1457

Think that was everyone that has posted.

sweet! Unfortunately I couldnt get off work the whole day, so as long as I can plan to be off the trail around 5, I'm still good to go

Checking in to see if anyone has preferences on a meeting time and place for Saturday. I was thinking around 9-10am, either at the trail head or somewhere in Boulder.

wish I could but not gonna make this trip

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There will be more trips! And no preferences on where to meet never been there. And I'm game for any time. 9-10 sounds great and works for me.

Back