Spring wheeling trip at SMORR | Page 17 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Spring wheeling trip at SMORR

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i had a great time up until about 12:00 when i threw my front drive shaft out of the x-case and after putting it back in, i got half way up the road and it did the same thing again and started back in the splines and broke the out put shaft on the x- case, plugged it with a sock and drove home. but this was the de-bugging party for the ranger. :( :(

Wow! I was pretty busy at the time this happened to you. I really didn't know what the situation was. Sorry that had to happen, but at least you were close to home!:thumbsup:

I got the new x-case installed after i got back to the house, then went around getting my old drive shafts picked up and got the new one built this evening. i'll weld the ends up tomorrow after i get back from joplin from seiing the new doctor. i took the rear drive shaft from my 84 B-2 and i cut off the double u- jount and put the d-28 flange on it, so now the shaft has a double spline slip in the front drive shaft, one at the x-case and one in the middle of the shaft, so i should have plenty of tavel in the front drive line both ways :thumbsup: i'll find out for sure in a week or so when i go back :p:

awesome, you will have to show off next year

by then i should have my b-2 gutted and running and my 84 s/b ranger with the 360 done and my 81 chevy 454 8 in lift and 35's just have to re-due the heads 285,000 and counting owned since 93, but we'll see about the showing off part as i drive the ranger every day and it needs a few traction ad's and i still have to remove the body lift as the lift is done

by then i should have my b-2 gutted and running and my 84 s/b ranger with the 360 done and my 81 chevy 454 8 in lift and 35's just have to re-due the heads 285,000 and counting owned since 93, but we'll see about the showing off part as i drive the ranger every day and it needs a few traction ad's and i still have to remove the body lift as the lift is done

Wow:D: Toys!

Yesterday you said you weren't going to work on it today. I'm glad you got it fixed quickly.

Wow:D: Toys!

Yesterday you said you weren't going to work on it today. I'm glad you got it fixed quickly.

i know i said i wasn't going to but my daughter had other plans, next week-end i hope

well look's like this maybe my only meet and greet for the year, i just got back from the doctor. and i need to get all my rigs done in the next month
as he is recommending to libery mutual that the finger be removed, but i may show up and wheel or just show up and hold down a lawn chair just have to make up my mind like i ever had one to begin with ????? if i'm going to let them slice and dice my hand again :scratch::banghead:

i need to get all my rigs done in the next month
as he is recommending to libery mutual that the finger be removed

Ouch!

Sorry about the finger. Good luck with the hand.

Bumping this for all the subscribed members of this thread.

In case you haven't heard, we are going back to SMORR the weekend before Halloween this year, and would enjoy to have all of you join us again.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=380511
Here is the thread for the new meet, sign up and go if you can, if not, help spread the word about it! Thanks!

Gman

Back