Spring wheeling trip at SMORR | Page 14 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Spring wheeling trip at SMORR

Bad news for me. Bronco was completed all accept CB and auxillory lighting, my week link has been my engine wasnt to healthy, so i was out playing with it today and oil pump went out all the way and finished her off which didnt take much. So i just got back to my house, grabbing trailer and going to pick her up, wash and drop off at brothers shop.
Good news is I have a spare motor that should work
so goal is to get old motor out tonight and swap over some new parts to the next engine and get it back in tommorow night, and tuned ready to go wed, so i will be pushing it close, worse case will bring my brothers bronco but its not setup like mine so :(

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

steering rack in the morning tomorow,, and than off on wednesday,, might get out of here by noon,, ,

Cant wait till you get here Corkey! Woot!!

We know how to have fun south of the border!

Seriously, I hope you have the time of your life down here with all of us. You sir, are a trooper!

p.s. can you bring down some of the good whiskey for the guys? :D

Bad news for me. Bronco was completed all accept CB and auxillory lighting, my week link has been my engine wasnt to healthy, so i was out playing with it today and oil pump went out all the way and finished her off which didnt take much. So i just got back to my house, grabbing trailer and going to pick her up, wash and drop off at brothers shop.
Good news is I have a spare motor that should work
so goal is to get old motor out tonight and swap over some new parts to the next engine and get it back in tommorow night, and tuned ready to go wed, so i will be pushing it close, worse case will bring my brothers bronco but its not setup like mine so :(

Unfreaking real! I do believe, if anyone can pull it off, you can! Got my fingers crossed for ya!

If the engine swap don't work out, you still have to make it out. Even in your Bro's rig.

Well, heck
It's Tuesday now, with 2 days left I need to finish my sliders , and, powder coat 6 drainage gates. I also have a truck to work on in trade for a carpet job, and, this truck has a blown wheel hub ( 96 explorer) which NEEDS fixing asap. I have already committed to this repair, as the hub couldn't be to the dealer before today.

I am Not, I repeat NOT going to take my truck to Smorr without sliders. After looking at the place, being told I needed them by this trip, and, prepping my rockers for them I am firm in this statement.

I hope I can get them finished in 3 days, but to be honest I am a wreck right now, and feeling like crap due to a nice springtime cold. My help I am counting on for the sliders, in fact, he person fabbing them is working at his job this week, so I am down to his after hours. Then there is the powder coating time.

not to mention the packing and re arranging of the tool boxes from the recent thrashing going on around here.

Not looking good----:(

Jon,
Sliders are not necessary for wheeling at Smorr. They will make wheeling more adventurous, but not to where you still cant enjoy yourself. Sliders wont stop you from having fun with the rest of the activities going on. The band wont care if your truck has sliders or not. Your tent, the food, the campfire, the door prizes, the other members that want to meet you, none of that will care if your rig has sliders or not. I went around the park with out sliders and had a blast! I did no damage to my rig at all!

It will at the very least let you test out all you have done to your rig lately. You want to see how your new cooling system works, how your new gears, and tires work, how well your suspension lift handles, correct?

We will sorely miss you and Sheri if you don't make it.

happily motoring our way across this great country. the vistas are fantastic! should make it through new mexico today, unless we get sidetracked.

jon you best make it cause I can't eat the chocodiles myself!

happily motoring our way across this great country. the vistas are fantastic! should make it through new mexico today, unless we get sidetracked.

jon you best make it cause I can't eat the chocodiles myself!

don't worry Jon will come, even If I have to drag him there:D

Jon,

I'll gladly trade your rock slider problem for my charging system problem:p:

I have fresh paint over fresh herculiner on my rockers, unprotected. Guys, if the truck aint ready, it aint ready. I am firm in this. Sorry, I am not trying to be a baby, but man, it is hard for me to get a jump forward on this thing. I don't want 5 steps back.

I have fresh paint over fresh herculiner on my rockers, unprotected. Guys, if the truck aint ready, it aint ready. I am firm in this. Sorry, I am not trying to be a baby, but man, it is hard for me to get a jump forward on this thing. I don't want 5 steps back.
Slap on my nerf bars dude!!!!! Problem solved!!!!!! 30 mins tops for install!!!!

Now dont be afraid to get some dirt on your rig, just do it!!!

Ok motor was out last night thanx to my brother, helping me out, since he has more time than me, when i left, other motor was almost ready to install, should be running ready to go tonight, crossing fingers that this motor is worthy, heard it run, came in parts vehicle with bad tranny and other issues. we will come either way but less people if bronco doesnt make it, well bring the 4dr explorer and just Cliff, my brother and I will come. but lets hope that we stick to the orginal plan, just printed my driving direction, easy 2:45 min drive so shouldnt be big deal. Hope to c everyone there.

Im with ya jon. Im going to be easy on my rig this time too.

Are you still going to be driving it down if you dont have it ready to wheel?

Tonight is the deadline for your head count. Whatever the number of people is on the first post list, will be the amount of door prizes we will have.

Thanks guys for helping me out with this.

jon if neccessary we can monut sliders at SMORR have power and drill see you in springfield

Alright, I have good news or bad news depending on how you look at it. I will just be myself coming, no more jeeps so...well I only need one site.

Alright, I have good news or bad news depending on how you look at it. I will just be myself coming, no more jeeps so...well I only need one site.

Hey it's allright, plenty of us to mingle with!

1 site it is. Adjusting the headcount for you alone.

i'll see if i can make it as it is so far away from the house to drive, i think it is a 45 minute drive, still need to get my sway bar discont's built and finish hooking up my winch controlls and spooling the cable. got my 6in bds lift on and alinged on the 1first of the month. don't know if i'll camp or not

Are you still planning on coming? :dunno:Haven't heard from you in a while.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back