Spring wheeling trip at SMORR | Page 15 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Spring wheeling trip at SMORR

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Woot.

These friggin grates are killing me, 8 hours in and still 2 to blast:(

so sheri said just work on the sliders and we can use some savings $$ to go.
I have my brackets, so I plan on drilling them tomorrow. Blasting them in the cabinet will help a lot also. Joe is planning on helping me position them, tack them and weld them up tomorrow night.

Maybe--just maybe if I pull an all nighter tomorrow I can get them coated. Thursday AM install and--maybe--
If I was to allow another day, and head over Friday morning it would make me feel even better about the time. As for now, I am still shooting for pulling out thursday--hopefully by noon.

Well im pulling out friday morning and hoping to be there by 6pm or so

I sure hope you get everything done so you can make it

Great news Bronco is back to life, thanx to my brother since i didnt have the time, he pulled old engine last night and i help reinstall new/used engine tonight, he just called me up with good results, says runs awesome, not bad for $26 parts vehicle, to donate its engine, C/B is hooked up also, main thimgs left to do is drive it in the evenings this week a little change oil again, and work on lighting.

Woot.

These friggin grates are killing me, 8 hours in and still 2 to blast:(

so sheri said just work on the sliders and we can use some savings $$ to go.
I have my brackets, so I plan on drilling them tomorrow. Blasting them in the cabinet will help a lot also. Joe is planning on helping me position them, tack them and weld them up tomorrow night.

Maybe--just maybe if I pull an all nighter tomorrow I can get them coated. Thursday AM install and--maybe--
If I was to allow another day, and head over Friday morning it would make me feel even better about the time. As for now, I am still shooting for pulling out thursday--hopefully by noon.
Jon,
Take your time.
Show up on Saturday if you have to. Just pace yourself, and relax, it will come together for you.

just like Peewee ,
we're pulling for you ,,

he he he ,, , ,

Great news Bronco is back to life, thanx to my brother since i didnt have the time, he pulled old engine last night and i help reinstall new/used engine tonight, he just called me up with good results, says runs awesome, not bad for $26 parts vehicle, to donate its engine, C/B is hooked up also, main thimgs left to do is drive it in the evenings this week a little change oil again, and work on lighting.

Wow! You guys are amazing! You by far, have pulled off the last minute crunch time award for the year I think!!

Great job! Now get some rest, your going to need it. Sleep is over rated some times, and this weekend is one of those times!

Hey guys, make sure you all bring some bug spray and might be a good idea to have some bug stuff for the area where your tents will be. Just protect yourselves from the mosquitoes, ticks, chiggers, things like that.

OK, final head count for the door prizes are in! 27 people.
First post has been updated. Smorrcast, list of things to bring, etc...

Please read it through before you leave home!

come on Jon!

My second year to Moab I installed new 6" lift coils the night before, alignment in the AM and off to Moab, right? WRONG!! Skyjacker gave me the WRONG COIL it was sitting 3" lower on D side. Local 4 wheel parts dudes got me a coil in one day, installed, alignment, and off and running... right? Wrong! U bolt broke, decided to install my 2" tappered lift blocks with new U bolts........102 degrees out, no air tools, me torquing down 8 u bolts with a 4' pry bar....... man those were the days :) (2002 oe 03 LOL)

so I made it, one day late, that was close!! Last thing I wanted to do was drive alone without any other convoy, but I made it, had a blast, and have been trying to get back as often as I can ever since.

There is ALWAYS something that will attempt to delay you, I have missed 3-4 big trips now = SUCKS!!! the last two are okay with me... for the kiddo but geesh man I need my FIX!!!
So I am pulling for you Jon, GET ER DONE

OK,
94 EX has its new shocks, all 4 quick disconnects, F150 coil spacers, shackles, warn manual hubs, new fluids, power steering pump fixed, 31"x10.5 BF/AT KO.

95 EX has its new shocks, quick disconnects, lift springs, and rock sliders installed.
Rock lights are working, PIAA 510's are installed, roof lights will be tomorrow when my light bar gets here.

Digging out my camping gear tonight, going thru my list of things to have.
Corkey is on route from Canada, Zukmans have been driving since Monday, and techiemann33, his Bro, rookierider, Zukmans and myself are going out to dinner tomorrow night, then off to Ernie Biggs dueling piano bar. We are meeting up with more members in the morning for breakfast Friday morning,then off to SMORR!!

bring some mud gear as it's been raining and going to rain thursday evening cool at night friday hi 82 / low 58 sat. 87/ 62 sun. 86/ 65 so bring a heavy jacket. i've got physical therapy late friday afternoon so i'll show up sat. morning i think if i'm not going to st. louis for my grandson's first birthday as i have to see a new insurance doctor monday in joplin. alway's last minute wrenches in the plans :mad::mad:

I MADE IT ,,,
I am at Greggs house now,, helped unload some wild tires, and than loaded a bunch of stuff,, so all ready to go,,
My old high miler just added another 1000 miles to the odometer, and i passed the 345,000 km mark on the way ,,
just a few more things to go,and i am wheeling,,,,

Will be pulling out sometime tomorrow morning with hopes of maybe catching a little NHRA on the way and then I will be there tomorrow evening

I MADE IT ,,,
I am at Greggs house now,, helped unload some wild tires, and than loaded a bunch of stuff,, so all ready to go,,
My old high miler just added another 1000 miles to the odometer, and i passed the 345,000 km mark on the way ,,
just a few more things to go,and i am wheeling,,,,
That's great!!

I was worried about you making it all the way. We'll be heading out tomorrow

Well boys ill be heading out at 9am here. I got everything done on the explorer except fixing a window motor.

Oh and i have no way to do the sound for a movie. Ill bring my small projector and stuff just in case. (humm i could run the sound off the radio in the explorer) Oh well we will check on that when i get there.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well boys ill be heading out at 9am here. I got everything done on the explorer except fixing a window motor.

Oh and i have no way to do the sound for a movie. Ill bring my small projector and stuff just in case. (humm i could run the sound off the radio in the explorer) Oh well we will check on that when i get there.

Don't forget PA speaker jacks on CBs!

Honestly, I'm on my 6th beer tonight instead of packing as much as I should have tonight. I'm "unsupervised" and have the day off tomorrow! :p:

Hope to see everyone there!

Bryan

Back