Spring wheeling trip at SMORR | Page 12 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Spring wheeling trip at SMORR

Do what you have to do to make it! Louis and Clark carried their boats till they got back to water, they didnt give up! Neither shall anymore of us!

Sorry, I feel better..lol!

I'm related to Clark. I'll be there. :p:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I still have several things that have to be done before i leave on this trip. I need to change the oil, check all the other fluids, change the fuel filter, tighten the front wheel bearings, and grab my spare parts that i think i need.

Well, id have to say i might be on the top of the list for having the most to do to my rig still to get ready. heres a breif
Install 1354 t-case,
Build drive shafts
Finish frontend, waiting on correct center pin for my lock right
Bleed brakes
Instal new u joints in all the front axle shafts
do the axle shaft mods to allow me to use Spicer 760 u joints with full clips
Bolt in rear shocks correct length
hook up c/b
build front bumper to use my winch
bolt on tow hooks
fix radio
change pass side valve cover gasket
and other little crap

but here in 2hrs, i have 4days off work and plan on working on it untils its ready. Then i'll be :):thumbsup::rangertan:

If everything goes well we will have a '91 explorer to wheel with just needs a trans transplant a couple of mufflers, and a 4x4 switch crossing my fingers

Well, id have to say i might be on the top of the list for having the most to do to my rig still to get ready. heres a breif
Install 1354 t-case,
Build drive shafts
Finish frontend, waiting on correct center pin for my lock right
Bleed brakes
Instal new u joints in all the front axle shafts
do the axle shaft mods to allow me to use Spicer 760 u joints with full clips
Bolt in rear shocks correct length
hook up c/b
build front bumper to use my winch
bolt on tow hooks
fix radio
change pass side valve cover gasket
and other little crap

but here in 2hrs, i have 4days off work and plan on working on it untils its ready. Then i'll be :):thumbsup::rangertan:

Holy tons to do Batman!

You are pushing the envelope with that to-do-list!

Good luck, work hard, make us proud!

See you there!

If everything goes well we will have a '91 explorer to wheel with just needs a trans transplant a couple of mufflers, and a 4x4 switch crossing my fingers

Woo Hoo!

Great news, I hope it goes together smooth.

When are you guys hitting the road?

we are scheduled to leave at about 5 am Monday morning (of course that may change!) We will have internet as long as Verizon does!

we are scheduled to leave at about 5 am Monday morning (of course that may change!) We will have internet as long as Verizon does!

Taking the scenic route? That sounds like fun to me! Take a bunch of pics of stuff. Like worlds biggest stuff. Balls of yarn, High chairs, stick-o-butter! LOL!

Verizon is here, so you will have internet.

dang I wish I was goin I love MO.

i got hooks waiting, but there was a bit of a hiccup,, the $4 ones were sold by mistake,, so ,,
i have them holding 12-10,000 lb $8.99 hooks,,, i hope they are okay , , there will be extras,you just need to get some bolts,grade 5 at least , and all good,, ,
i will be drilling the holes,i guess, , , bringing drill and some bits,,

he he have welder and plasma cutter on board!

the "new" explorer will be staying in sickbay we will have to leave her behind and wheel her another day maybe Ouray? who knows!

So.....
Motorhome - check
Flags - check
Chocodiles - check
Party Hats - check

See you on Thursday! In Springfield

the "new" explorer will be staying in sickbay we will have to leave her behind and wheel her another day maybe Ouray? who knows!

So.....
Motorhome - check
Flags - check
Chocodiles - check
Party Hats - check

See you on Thursday! In Springfield

Wheel the Expedition! Lol!

Don't forget the steaks for the grill !:D

Wheel the Expedition! Lol!
That thought did cross our minds, but she is 2wd air ride and uhhhh TOOOO dang big for the trailer!

I made good progress today!
will finalize most things tommorow
Big to do's are transfer case/driveshafts
find what sensor causes weird running at times
Rest is little things, will be completed sunday, and taking it for testing on Monday
This is as much as i could get with a block and my jack flexing it out, i was very pleased, and it still wanted to go more.
100_1095.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Chocdile, yes
At least you got the important things---

We should have room, and, I could use an experienced rider or 2. Us old folks can hang out together and get laughed at.

Back