Spring wheeling trip at SMORR | Page 13 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Spring wheeling trip at SMORR

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My friend Cliff will be coming with me, he will have a 4door lifted explorer.
So its my Bronco 2 , Explorer, wife, 2 friends, Cliff, and maybe my brother.
*******Curious if i should still bring any 95-01 explorer front 4wd spare parts for you guys? Is there alot of 2nd Gen explorers 4wds coming? I have alot of extras*******
IMG012.jpg

5 total at this point, 6 if my brother comes, were all riding down in my quad cab truck, pulling goose neck hauling both rigs. We only need 2 primative sites, or spot for 2 tents.
Im having hard time deciding what 2nd gen spare parts i should bring, since all needs unbolted, but could make someones day if something gets broke? I think 4.10 pumpkin, axle shafts, knuckles, a-arms, rack/pinion, tail lights. Thats about all i can assist for 2nd gens. Well im off to bed, have to get ready for another 12hr shift on the bronco.

And yes we are ready to tackle trail level 3 & 4s, or at least give them a try?

Weather

The weather forecast for the weekend of the 29th is looking great!!

Sunny.....77 degrees H......59 degrees L.....0% chance of precip.

Perfect!! I don't think we could have asked for anything better!!

So who is riding on what trail level? Has that been discussed

I think we are just going to do whatever we think we can when we get to the harder climbs. If someone wants to try a #4 or #5 when we get to one, by all means, I say Go for it! The way the trails are set up, look at the trail map on the smorr site, you drive on the main road all the way around the park. The #4 & #5 trails branch off and return to the main road. The main road(#1) goes from #2 to #3 in places, with bypasses.

Ok cool i was not sure what was going to happen.

what is the average 2? or 3?

I figure its going to be a 2 average for the group. Im fine riding like that. I dont want to push mine to hard.

I figure its going to be a 2 average for the group. Im fine riding like that. I dont want to push mine to hard.

When Dislexiclawyer and I went out awhile back, we did 1, 2, & 3. I had no problems on the 3's. I could have done a little more with sliders. Dislexiclawyers 1st gen with 31's only had problems on a steep #3 with mud. He did use some bypasses on the #3 trails. Its up to you, wheel soft, medium or hard.

steering rack in the morning tomorow,, and than off on wednesday,, might get out of here by noon,, ,

eastbound and down, almost into Arizona left at 9:30 am

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back