OD FLashing.... | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

OD FLashing....

I am NOT talking about the TORQUE CONVERTER CLUTCH solenoid, I am talking about the solenoids that are part of the SOLENOID PACK.

Easy, now. Where do you think the TCC Solenoid is, if not a part of the Pack, as you call it? There are 8 solenoids in there. Are you saying it's OK to test the TCC but not the others? Why? From where do you draw the information?

Are the others not 12 Volt solenoid coils? If they operate on less voltage, then you're right. You might burn them out. Mighty piss-poor solenoids if a momentary click test burns them out........ imp

I thought the TCC solenoid was a separate external solenoid?

I don't have a link to where it was, I read it while looking into fixing my own transmission, but I know I was reading about pressure control solenoids when I read it so it may only apply to those 3.

I thought the TCC solenoid was a separate external solenoid?

I don't have a link to where it was, I read it while looking into fixing my own transmission, but I know I was reading about pressure control solenoids when I read it so it may only apply to those 3.

Glad you answered. Usually, it can be figured out from Ford wiring diagrams, what voltage each component is intended to "see". Not always. A lot of "second-guessing" can bring on real headaches.

Not sure how to find out about the differences between the solenoids used. Sorry. imp

Well after $2100 the culprit was a blown out overdrive band. The part the solenoid presses against had sheared off. I just can't WAIT for what happens next with it....thanks all who chimed in to help.

Back