Official Explorer MFT Problems / Issues / Feature Suggestions Thread | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Official Explorer MFT Problems / Issues / Feature Suggestions Thread

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks Rebecca! Good to hear this thread is useful.

1. Bug
2. 2011 Limited
3. MFT version: 2.11
4. I use an iPod Nano (6th generation) as my music device. The iPod is called "My iPod." MFT will sometimes recognize the device by it's name and display it as such. Other times it will not recognize the name and just label it "USB1." There doesn't appear to be a pattern for when it does either.

Just picked up our new 2012 ex ltd, I was rewarded with:

1) Bug
2) 2012 LTD
3) MFT Version 2.11
4) started car try to find/ input home address, can't find the city or zip code. Yet on the drive home it found the street just following the roads I was on? The system reboot itself, before I left the dealer, and once in the driveway after I parked.

1) Bug
2) 2012 LTD
3) MFT Version 2.11
4) When starting car, with ipod touch connected, it sometimes will not start playing the ipod till I change it to the radio, wait a few seconds, and then change it back. I just got my car last week, and its done it 3 times.

1. Bug?
2. 2011 Limited
4. This morning MFT froze after I started the car the clock said 3:51...it was actually 6:51am and I was on my way to work. I shut the car off opened the door but the screen stayed frozen and did not shut off. I tried it again started car then shut car off, opened door, etc, etc...nothing and screen still was on and frozen. I had to drive to work and while on my way the radio came on, then the time changed and the nav connected. Not sure what that was all about but it took about 10min to correct itself but I will say it eventually did.

1. Bug
2. 2012 Limited
3. MFT v2.11
4. My place of work is a POI. No problem navigating to it by name (apart from the occasional delay while the system catches up with itself). But if I try finding POI's in the vicinity, I get told there's no POI data for that area.

Add feature:

Ability to Save NAV favorites to Flash drive to be re-installed after Master Reset.

1. Bug
2. 2011 LTD
3. 2.7
4. Sirius Travel Link weather map will not keep last map location after leaving Travel Link. Example...I live in Atlanta, but made a ONE TIME switch of location in the Weather screen to Los Angeles when a friend was there. Ever since then, when I click on weather map, it defaults to a Los Angeles map, yet the forecast will be for Atlanta. No matter what I try it will not keep Atlanta as the default for the map.

1. Bug
2. 2011 Limited
4. Driving to work this morning the NAV system showed me on a totally different road no where near where I was but in the same town. It did this for most of the 6 mile trip. It changed to the correct road at the end when I was 1/2 mile from work. Skies where clear. I had nothing programed in to the Nav system, was just looking at map.

1. Bug
2. 2011 Limited
3. MFT v2.11
4. Navigation System Bug. While entering address the system won't let you add the city before the street. Every time CITY button was pushed the screen reverted back to street. When the STREET button was pushed the STREET field would autofill with incorrect street from wrong city and not allow change to be made by erasing.

1. Bug
2. 2011 Limited
3. MFT v2.11
4. Navigation System Bug. While entering address the system won't let you add the city before the street. Every time CITY button was pushed the screen reverted back to street. When the STREET button was pushed the STREET field would autofill with incorrect street from wrong city and not allow change to be made by erasing.

This problem drives me nuts and make my wife refuse to drive the explorer! She is somewhat nav system dependent and will have to get the garmin out if she goes somewhere in my Ex.

1. Bug
2. 2012 LTD
3. MFT v 2.11
4. The MFT froze up, not responsive, got home fuse pulling didn't work, had to disconnect the battery. System came back on and stated system maintenance. This the 4th time.

1. Bug
2. 2011 LTD
3. V2.11
4. Sirius channel browsing works only about 20% of the time and is still very slow when it does work.

2012 LTD
3 days old

in no particular order....

-screen flickering
-loss of a/c controls on touch screen, or creating its own settings.
-nav failure msgs.....with instructions to have serviced.
-radio is on am but screen shows its on serious.....and vice versa. many other odities as well.
-complete loss of voice commands. i press the button and nada.
-engage reverse and camera doesnt come on until i'm back in drive....which i guess is cool to watch whats going on behind me as i drive (for 30 seconds or so), but i'm gonna guess it was not designed to perform in such a manner.
-loss of phone functions.
-slowwww i'd press a button, say to change an a/c fan speed setting and it would take 30 seconds.

thats about all i can recall right now. I disconnected the battery cable and reconnected after 10 minutes (yesterday / sunday). most if not all systems returned to normal. I took out the nav sd card at the suggestion of my salesman for trouble shooting reasons.

1. Feature
2. 2011 LTD
3. v2.11
4. Add ability to download NAV favorites to a USB drive for uploading after resets/updates.

1. Feature
2. 2011 LTD
3. v2.11
4. allow climate control to "remember" previous setting of Max AC upon startup. Example...on a hot day I set AC to max, I drive only a few miles and stop at a store where I shut off the engine while AC was still on max. When I return and re-start the vehicle the AC defaults to normal, when I would want it to still be on Max.

1. Feature
2. 2011 LTD
3. v2.11
4. Add ability to download NAV favorites to a USB drive for uploading after resets/updates.

I would add to that it should be able to take the addresses from your phonebook. I was shocked to find out that the phonebook can only be used for phone numbers. (I guess they didn't call it an address book:D)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

1. Bug
2. 2001 XLT
3. v2.11
4. MFT ignores inputs on something as simple as a radio channel change. If I tap the seek button say 10 times and hear 10 audible feedback "pops" , I'm lucky if the channel moves 6 channels.

Back