Official Explorer MFT Problems / Issues / Feature Suggestions Thread | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Official Explorer MFT Problems / Issues / Feature Suggestions Thread

I would add to that it should be able to take the addresses from your phonebook. I was shocked to find out that the phonebook can only be used for phone numbers. (I guess they didn't call it an address book:D)

That's not true. I have addresses in my phone that show up under the contact info and can choose to navigate to the address from that screen.

Edit, pictures.

IMAG0721.jpg

IMAG0722.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That's not true. I have addresses in my phone that show up under the contact info and can choose to navigate to the address from that screen.

Edit, pictures.

IMAG0721.jpg

IMAG0722.jpg

What phone do you have?

1. 2011 LTD
2. 2.11
3. Feature
4. It would be nice if the song title/artist information window/box in the sony/sirius HD radio would continuously scroll instead of you having to touch the arrow to see all of the info.

My 1998 Explorer with the Ford Premium radio would scroll the song information if you had that setting turned on. If they could make that happen in 1998, why not now?

What phone do you have?

HTC Inspire. The funny thing is that it doesn't show up for all my contacts with addresses, just some of them. Not sure what the difference is in how they are in my phone/google account.

That feature does NOT work with my Iphone 4 nor my Blackberry pearl.

1. 2011 LTD
2. V2.11
3. Feature
4. Resolve the issues between Iphones and MFT so that text messaging is on screen readable and addresses of your contacts in the phonebook can be sent to the factory NAV as with other phones.

Please, yes, solve the iphone4 issues with MFT, mine locks up the system when I'm using the phone as an iPod, playing music.

Regarding the iPhone and MFT, it's not the MFT systems fault, for the most part. Apple, in their infinite wisdom, half-assed the bluetooth stack in iOS 2/3/4. So, iOS 4 does not support the Message Access Proticol; this is how a device sends/receives text messages via bluetooth. There are some other problems with the iOS bluetooth implementation that may be causing problems with MFT also.

Regarding the iPhone and MFT, it's not the MFT systems fault, for the most part. Apple, in their infinite wisdom, half-assed the bluetooth stack in iOS 2/3/4. So, iOS 4 does not support the Message Access Proticol; this is how a device sends/receives text messages via bluetooth. There are some other problems with the iOS bluetooth implementation that may be causing problems with MFT also.

Interesting, I'm guessing we wouldn't get much love if we went on the Iphone users forum and complained about this.

Interesting, I'm guessing we wouldn't get much love if we went on the Iphone users forum and complained about this.

Hehe, there are other users on the forums complaining about it, but there aren't any Official Apple reps there from what I could tell. I'd be surprised if MAP wasn't in iOS5, but Apple likes to do things their own way.

HTC Inspire. The funny thing is that it doesn't show up for all my contacts with addresses, just some of them. Not sure what the difference is in how they are in my phone/google account.

If you figure out what is common in the ones that work, please let us know. I didn't try them all, but I haven't found any that work for me on HTC Desire.

Oh the electronic world we live in, lol. Where's the rotary phone!

1. Bug
2. 2011 Limited
3. MFT version: 2.11
4. Phone issue: when using a phone number beginning with +[something] every attempt to dial fails (t-mobile tells "this number is not available").
What is MFT adding to the number, when there is a + at the beginning of the phone number.
When I try it without the + sign everything works fine.
Okay, it looks I need to mention, I´m living in germany. On my phone all numbers are saved internationally i.e. +491782238437, or +1 800 229 2999 to avoid changing numbers when I´m out of germany. This works fine in the whole world, even in US ;) with my cell phone.
Now with MFT it stucks but using the numbers in national format (i.e. 01782238437) everthing works fine. Now I´m asking, why is it working with my cell but not with the MFT? What is MFT adding or removing, if there is a plus sing (+) at the beginning of the number. MFT should just use the number as it is in the phonebook. Or is it misinterpreting the + sign?

I don´t want to make a phone book only for MFT.
Phones tried: HTC Sensation, HTC HD2, HTC Touch Pro, IPhone 4

1. Feature
2. 2012 Limited
3. 2.11
4. A real-world example from this morning. A guy in a CRV broke down a few cars in front of me. I stopped to ask him if he needed help. Turned out he'd run out of gas. With my TomTom I'd just hit the button and say "take me to the nearest gas station". With MFT it took several voice commands or button presses and took ages. Simple commands like this should be built in.

1. Bug
2. 2012 Limited
3. 2.11
4. When adding a waypoint to a route I'm already on, why do I have to touch the screen to calculate the route? There should be a voice command for this.

1. Suggestion
2. 2012 Limited
3. 2.11
4. Allow sports scores to be displayed while vehicle is in motion. I don't see how that is any more or less distracting than all of the other stuff that is allowed while the vehicle is in motion. Better yet just get rid of the VIM or make it selectable. I can understand preventing video, but this is just text and takes less time to read than the weather, which is allowed.

1. Suggestion
2. 2012 Limited
3. 2.11
4. Allow sports scores to be displayed while vehicle is in motion. I don't see how that is any more or less distracting than all of the other stuff that is allowed while the vehicle is in motion. Better yet just get rid of the VIM or make it selectable. I can understand preventing video, but this is just text and takes less time to read than the weather, which is allowed.

I don't think I want you behind me in traffic reading sports scores (or reading anything, including weathermaps). I'd rather have you behind me in traffic paying attention to my rear bumper so you don't hit it...

I don't think I want you behind me in traffic reading sports scores (or reading anything, including weathermaps). I'd rather have you behind me in traffic paying attention to my rear bumper so you don't hit it...

I am sorry, I didn't know you were going to be in front of me. Normally, there isn't much traffic on an 8 hour drive through the middle Kansas. I will be sure to look up every couple of minutes to make sure you haven't pulled out on the road while getting information off of my cell phone.

But on a serious note, there isn't much difference between what is enabled and what isn't. Why do they allow you to browse the radio, look at the weather, or even the navigation system. I could argue that all of them take more time to review than some of the stuff that isn't enabled. If they want to disable features "for my safety" that should include all items that could potentially distract the driver including the bluetooth phone, and the audio system. They also should build a wall separating the driver from everyone else so that you can't communicate with passengers, which can also be distracting. None of these is dangerous when the car is stopped, but as you said "in traffic" all can lead to accidents. If you need the car to decide what is safe and what isn't, you probably don't posses the judgement necessary to operate a motor vehicle safely anyway.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

2011 EX Limited picked up Apr 11. The MFT was DOA when I picked it up. The contractor for the dealer replaced a module probably the APIM. It went in and out and I took it back and sat in the dealers for several hours. It worked. Lately it was rebooting fairly often. Friday, it went dead. No radio, no bluetooth, no GPS, no backup camera, A/c may or may not work and of course no seat a/c.

I bought my 5th EX because of MFT and it has been a piece of junk. Now I have to make time to get to the dealer when it's convienent for them and lose several more hours because FORD is selling this junk. The thing is they keep selling it knowing that there are a lot of problems. Maybe it's fraud to sell something you know has so much trouble. I am not interested in waiting for some computer geek to rewrite the software in a few more months. I want the thing I bought and paid for to work. I am looking at lemon lawing this thing. I used to love Ford, now as JD Power said they are way down on my list.

Back