• Register Today It's free!

OHV Intake Pipe

Fantasymon

Reaction score
City, State
Tulsa, OK
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 XLS
I have a KKM and so I don't want to purchase a complete intake kit. All I want is the piping. I have seen a lot of threads on SOHC intake pipes from Spectreperfance.com. They sell individual pipes with different angles and couplings.

The OHV looks like it is just a 90 degree and then a straight pipe. Anybody done something similar to this without buying a complete kit?

I really just need to know what parts to buy.

Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I know but the Pepoys in Wichita went out of business recently and there isn't another one close by.

For that matter--

get a cunk of 3.5" metal exhaust pipe-have it bent locally at a shop which does mandrel bending. I know there is one in wichita-
heck-they may have a 90 bend mistake laying around to sell cheap-

Now take it home-lay it against your tube and cut the "legs " to match-

You may need to drill 2 holes for grommets-one for the intake air temp sensor, the other for the oil breather tube-

Get Get a 3.5" to 3" silicone coupler-(or 2.75" if that is what it takes for your throttle body) to couple the tube to the throttle body. a 3.5" to 3" coupler will couple the new tube to your Maf sensor.

The tube can be powdercoated or painted once it is fitted.

whatever you do-be sure to wash the tube inside and out thoroughly before installing it and running the engine.

For that matter--

get a cunk of 3.5" metal exhaust pipe-have it bent locally at a shop which does mandrel bending. I know there is one in wichita-
heck-they may have a 90 bend mistake laying around to sell cheap-

Now take it home-lay it against your tube and cut the "legs " to match-

You may need to drill 2 holes for grommets-one for the intake air temp sensor, the other for the oil breather tube-

Get Get a 3.5" to 3" silicone coupler-(or 2.75" if that is what it takes for your throttle body) to couple the tube to the throttle body. a 3.5" to 3" coupler will couple the new tube to your Maf sensor.

The tube can be powdercoated or painted once it is fitted.

whatever you do-be sure to wash the tube inside and out thoroughly before installing it and running the engine.

make sure you also fab up a bracket to hold it in place as the weight from the pipe would weigh it down and cause it to move around quite a bit with the filter and maf sensor on it

Back