opinions on the sylvania silverstars | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

opinions on the sylvania silverstars

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just got back from my 'maiden voyage' with my new 6 pc. Diamond Cut Headlamps, Clear Corners, and Turnsignals.......with Silverstars in the Headlamps.....

Needless to say, it is a VERY white light. I have CoolBlue's in my wife's `93 X, with the OEM headlamps, and the light on this new set-up is ALOT brighter!

I'm VERY pleased. So is my wife. She want's the same set-up in her X now.....hows THAT for a review!

Ryan

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

I got my silverstars installed yesterday and love them. you can really tell when it's not even dark yet and you can see your lights on the green signs when your really far away.

I run the silverstar sealed beam replacement in my 3000GT and they made a world of differance. before i couldnt see what seemed like a foot infront of my bumper but now with the silver stars i can see for ever:)

I had some PIAA superwhite bulbs in the mtneer and decided to try the SS last Jan. or so. One lasted tree monthe and the other burned out yesterday. As they blew I put the PIAAs back in. Guess I'm gonna stick with the PIAAs as they seem to last longer.

I have had the same set of Silverstars in my Explorer for well over a year ( maybe 2 ) and they have never caused a problem.

Must be I got a bum set or they (SS) dont like freezing weather.

You do know that you can't touch these things with your fingers, right? The oils from your fingers/ skin will cause a hole to burn in them...

I've been running Silverstars 9007 headlights for a while now and I really notice a difference. Changed out so-called HID blue H1s you can get at Pep Boys with Silverstar H1s on my foglights and incredible difference. The other so-called HID-look lights never seem to light up the road as well as the Silverstars.

i switched from PIAA superwhites to silverstars in my piaa driving lights and the difference in light output is insane. those combined with my diamond headlights with silverstars as well can light up any road like daylight.

Anyone used those GE Nighthawks I've been seeing on TV? They seem to be an alternative to Silverstars.

celly said:
Anyone used those GE Nighthawks I've been seeing on TV? They seem to be an alternative to Silverstars.

I was wondering the same my self. If I seen them I'd buy em to try em

i just installed them today "silverstars" and they rock, much much better than stock bulbs..... paid like 36 bucks for them worth the money... great lights :)

I'm pretty happy with them, theres definatly an improvment over the stock lights that I had in there. They were buy one at get one half off at advance auto, also with a $5 mail in rebate as well so I figured $25 bucks isn't to bad.

aldive said:
Anyone replaced their fog light bulbs with SilverStars yet?

yes

I got the silverstars in my 98 sport, a big difference in light quality over stock, plus I will be getting them for $25 with the rebate I got from work (advance auto). Not bad when you consider regular bulbs cost almost $9 a piece.

Dan

just so you guys know.. now is the time to get your silverstars.. had my 9004s for over a year, still bright as hell.. advance auto has the buy 1 get 1 half off deal goin on, plus a 5 dollar mail in rebate.. sounded so good i picked up a set of silverstar h3s for my hellas.. i forget i even have high beams, i dont need em

Four0Sport said:
just so you guys know.. now is the time to get your silverstars.. had my 9004s for over a year, still bright as hell.. advance auto has the buy 1 get 1 half off deal goin on, plus a 5 dollar mail in rebate.. sounded so good i picked up a set of silverstar h3s for my hellas.. i forget i even have high beams, i dont need em
Def. took advantage of that the other day good deal....now to update those fogs... :D

I just got in on that deal today. Got my rebate ready to go too. Haven't driven at night yet.

Back