• Register Today It's free!

P0446 code evap issues

Gonzalopa

Reaction score
City, State
Avon colorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 explorer 4.0
I have a 2005 Ford Explorer 4.0 that had trouble filling gas since it didn’t let the handle get locked, it will pop out all the time. First I tested the vent valve solenoid conector and it didn’t have energy (I tested it with those lamp testers) so I blowed Air into the vent hose to check if the canister was blocked but it wasn’t because the tank got inflated , I took the valve out to check corrosion, clean the connector and put it back and when I restart the car I started to have the p0446 code . I replaced the vent valve and now I can fill the gas normally so I fixed that but I still have the P0446 code . I delete it and comes back right away. I’m afraid I did some damage blowing air into the canister to the tank... can this be possible? Or maybe is just te connector or cable that is not working good? But if is that why is now letting me fill the tank ok after changing the valve?

P0446.png

I have a 2005 Ford Explorer 4.0 that had trouble filling gas since it didn’t let the handle get locked, it will pop out all the time. First I tested the vent valve solenoid conector and it didn’t have energy (I tested it with those lamp testers) so I blowed Air into the vent hose to check if the canister was blocked but it wasn’t because the tank got inflated , I took the valve out to check corrosion, clean the connector and put it back and when I restart the car I started to have the p0446 code . I replaced the vent valve and now I can fill the gas normally so I fixed that but I still have the P0446 code . I delete it and comes back right away. I’m afraid I did some damage blowing air into the canister to the tank... can this be possible? Or maybe is just te connector or cable that is not working good? But if is that why is now letting me fill the tank ok after changing the valve?
Any luck. Same issue I'm having. Can't fill tank with pump and same code

Back