• Register Today It's free!

PCV Jar to increase gas mileage

Skibum1989

Reaction score
City, State
Sammamish, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 XLT
Hey guys, sorry if this has been brought up already, I did a couple of searches and found nothing so I would like to know your opinion on this idea.

Basically it's a PCV condenser, which allegedly condenses (and later disposes) of crankcase gasses which would otherwise be thrown back into the intake.

Here's the link:
http://www.himacresearch.com/books/hydro8.html

What do you think about this?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I didn't see any photos showing what this looked like while they are building it, sounds cool though being that it's so easy to build if it actually worked that is..

What sludge/build up in the oil pan? Use a quality motor oil and this will never happen.

Even with the finest motor oils, the combustion process can sometimes sneak past the piston rings, into the crankcase, which is why we have PCV valves in the first place, right? The 'sludge' the article was referring to is the same sludge that builds up on PCV valves.

The good thing about this mod is if it dosent work, you can always re-attach the stock PCV hosing. Plus it's cheap to do. I'll probably do it in a month or so, whenever I have lots of time to build it. Unforunately I can't find pictures of it, but 'AT LEAST a 25% gain in MPG' sounds like it may be worth the 12 bucks.

I'll dump the rest of the $5 can of acetone in my tank.

Back