Phone Disconnected... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Phone Disconnected...

spr

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Expl XLT 4WD
SYNC keeps trying to 'reconnect' to my phone. It looks like its connected and I have been just cancelling the popup message.

Correcton - this happens once soon after *each* startup and then once I dismiss it, I dont think it happens again while the vehicle is running. The phone appears to work fine.

Guess I'll be unpairing and repairing the phone to see if it helps.

I see pics out there showing the problem...Im getting this same behavior:
-mft-my-ford-touch-sync-issues-2013-01-04-13.14.54.jpg

http://www.f150forum.com/f38/2013-mft-my-ford-touch-sync-issues-181878/index5/

Thank you for the follow up.

Nope. Paired one way, paired the other way doesnt seem to help. The 'disconnected' screen shows up fairly consistently after beng in the car about 2-10 minutes. Deleted all the profiles on both sides tried again, rebooted the phone, no joy.

Next step is a soft reboot of the system via reboot utility. I was avoiding that as I wanted to believe - really wanted to believe, that simply removing and repairing should...*should* fix any kind of bluetooth connectivity problem.

Again - to be clear - MFT/Sync appears to BE connected to the phone and everything is working - so it is odd that this disconnected popup - pops up. I cancel the message and can make and receive calls fine.

I'll reboot MFT this evening and see what happens.

Thank you for the follow up.

Nope. Paired one way, paired the other way doesnt seem to help. The 'disconnected' screen shows up fairly consistently after beng in the car about 2-10 minutes. Deleted all the profiles on both sides tried again, rebooted the phone, no joy.

Next step is a soft reboot of the system via reboot utility. I was avoiding that as I wanted to believe - really wanted to believe, that simply removing and repairing should...*should* fix any kind of bluetooth connectivity problem.

Again - to be clear - MFT/Sync appears to BE connected to the phone and everything is working - so it is odd that this disconnected popup - pops up. I cancel the message and can make and receive calls fine.

I'll reboot MFT this evening and see what happens.

Let me know how it goes.

Rebecca

Back