Pic request...Remote reservoir placement, front end | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Pic request...Remote reservoir placement, front end

Reaction score
City, State
New Mexico
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Ranger FX4 Level II
I was cruising on here months ago via a link from OffRoadRangers.com and saw someone had replaced their RCD bilstein coilover with a fox c/o that had a remote res. Well, earlier this month I had my ps RCD coilover fail. I ordered the fox coilover some of your super lift conversion guys are running. Unfortuantely 4Wheel Parts set me instead of my 2.0x6.5 emulsion c/o a 2.0x6.5 remote reservoir coilover. </ sarcasm > :D

So now I need to figure out where the mount the reservoir. I thought it was boominXplorer that had done this, but it wasn't him. Anyone know of the pictures/thread I'm recalling?

Here are a couple pics of the reservoir mount I just did on a customer's 2000 Ranger 4x4 with the DBR kit. I basically cut two slots in the piece of body that hangs under the firewall then ran the hose clamps through it. I put the rubber reservoir mounts between the body and the reservoir as well. Good luck:thumbsup:
P8070019.jpg

P8070018.jpg

Back