Pic Request- Your Explorer Towing | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Pic Request- Your Explorer Towing

Ill start the show with my pic-

trucks_010_Medium_.jpg

trucks_013_Medium_.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

the only picture i have of the explorer towing something
DSC02005.jpg

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Cool pics everyone, I hope I dont have any issues towing my Mustang on a trailer with my 00 Explorer (5L)

Here's my '96 pulling my Toy back when I first got it.

IMGP2589-vi.jpg

J/K.... I only pulled it forward about 20ft so I could unload the truck. The jack on the trailer is actually diging into the ground. :D

Here is what I tow with mine. The truck is dirty in both pics...BOOO..:(

Boat.jpg

Jeep.jpg

Here is what I tow with mine. The truck is dirty in both pics...BOOO..:(

nice pics
your truck looks to be sagging a bit with the boat but not the car trailer?

btw how does she tow with the car trailer? did you have brake controllers instsalled?

nice pics
your truck looks to be sagging a bit with the boat but not the car trailer?

btw how does she tow with the car trailer? did you have brake controllers instsalled?

The car trailer has a weight distribution hitch. Those things are awesome. So there is really no tongue weight. I also put helper springs on the rear axle when I tow the Jeep. I do have a brake controller for the car trailer as well. It tows pretty good. Usually go around 70mph with it. I take it on long trips all the time. When it is windy its a little wiggly but I just slow down. Also, MPGS go down alot since you cannot tow in overdrive. BOOO.
The boat does not have brakes but its not to heavy. The brake controller is a must for towing something heavy. I have the V8 and I think it tows 6700 pounds.

The car trailer has a weight distribution hitch. Those things are awesome. So there is really no tongue weight. I also put helper springs on the rear axle when I tow the Jeep. I do have a brake controller for the car trailer as well. It tows pretty good. Usually go around 70mph with it. I take it on long trips all the time. When it is windy its a little wiggly but I just slow down. Also, MPGS go down alot since you cannot tow in overdrive. BOOO.
The boat does not have brakes but its not to heavy. The brake controller is a must for towing something heavy. I have the V8 and I think it tows 6700 pounds.

Cool, I have a class III hitch and plan to tow my 04 Mustang on a full trailer next year, is the class III ok for doing this?
Im going to install a brake controller first aswell
thanks

Might as Well

This is my X towing our Glastron Carson Jet boat with its tiny 455ci olds. I think the back of the boat weighs more then the trailer Haha.

Attachments

• Explorer Jet.jpg
    Explorer Jet.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 3,839

These are some great pics and background stories. I forgot I was even on here till I got my birthday greeting. Never got my Ex/BII but tow my Jeep Comanche trailer with my Cherokee.
4059153967_5966da61b8_b.jpg

Hope I don't get excommunicated now.

wow thats the first time I have seen a trailer like that where you had to BUILD the frame!! LOL @ Jeep :)

Nice rig & setup!!

Wha chew mean frame. I no need no stinkin frame. Jeep Cherokee's and Comanche's have sheet metal frames. The bed is removable though. I'm poor so if ya wanna donate me an Exploder I'll take it. Has to be mint, 3" lift 31's and 9" rear. I'm kidding about the donation but not the poor part.

This one is probably my heaviest load towed. I estimate it to be about 7000lbs.

BBQ_0022.jpg

How heavy is the F ? Looks like it does'nt have a mtr. What's the trailer weigh ?

How heavy is the F ? Looks like it does'nt have a mtr. What's the trailer weigh ?
I estimate the F-100 at around 5000lbs and the trailer about 2000lbs. Yes, the 79 F-100 4x4 still had the motor in there. I think the radiator was removed because I had used it in the wrecked 96 Bronco I had for a few months.

Ok, I dug through the old pics. Found this one from before U-Suck stopped renting trailers to Explorer owners. :D

Thanks goodness I only towed this heavy of a load once with the Sport Trac. The V6/Auto was not built to handle these loads. My Limited has the 5.0L v8 with 4.10 gears, an extra transmission cooler, and secondary external tranmission oil filter.

04070005.jpg

Yea that's funny how they wont rent you a trailer now depending onyour tow rig. In the days before law suits they would let you tow a Sherman tank with a VW.

you just need to change your name plate from Ford to Mercury and you're golden...

0609182.jpg

Pulling my old civic on my home made car trailer. It has air ride sleeved helper springs on it @20psi

Picture014-2.jpg

And another pic pulling my BMW I just bought to do a LS1 swap in, not a great pic.

Back