Pic Request- Your Explorer Towing | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Pic Request- Your Explorer Towing

Ill start the show with my pic-

trucks_010_Medium_.jpg

trucks_013_Medium_.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Here's one as we set out on our maiden voyage with the new (to us) camper this weekend. Still to add the Air Ride airbags and re-addjust the Equalizer hitch.

002-5.jpg

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

my Xsport with my 21 Chappy XLC and trailer , 5000+lbs total no problem..
chappyx.jpg

Hey how did that handle driving?

I have an 04 v8 mounty, just wondering....

What engine do you got? AWD?

Are those 265 tires? lol

I just realized I never posted this from when we moved last May.

Attachments

• towing.JPG
    towing.JPG
    87.8 KB · Views: 2,622

32786250015_small.jpg

This was my '95 purple-ploder, this towed hard that boat weighs 4600lbs I towed it 320 miles when I bought it. then 85 when I sold it.(soon after don't ask)

Sorry for the small pic I don't know what I'm doing yet

Hi.
First post. I am just looking for reasurance on my tow set up
02 Mounty, stock 1 1/4" ? receiver
flat towing 3200 pound Jeep
DSC03707.jpg

DSC03711.jpg

DSC03712.jpg

What do you think? Safe?

safety chains?

Yes They are just not in this picture. It was the first day of the set up before I bought cjains and towed.
Exactly how strong are the smaller size receiver hitches?

safety chains?

Yes They are just not in this picture. It was the first day of the set up before I bought chains and towed.
Exactly how strong are the smaller size receiver hitches?

what mine pulls....havent made a long trip yet just across town but it felt like its going to do fine

IMG_0360.jpg

IMG_0359.jpg

Here are some pics of my new trailer
100_6056.jpg

100_6070.jpg

Here's my 2002 Ford Ranger Off Road version 4x4 with 4.10's and the 4.0L pulling my 16ft car trailer with my '88 Samurai on it. Pulled for the first time a week ago 100 miles with no problems. I was easy on take offs as my UPS guy has a '00 Ranger and just blew his tranny pulling his 3800lb boat and I was around 4500lbs (1800lb trailer and about 2700lb sammy).

trailer.jpg

Just picked this up in May 09.
(From Dayton, Ohio to Harrisburg, PA 450 miles)

picture.php

another 3rd gen towing a little boat with camping gear.

Attachments

• P5230118b.jpg
    P5230118b.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 4,052

Vacation in Drumheller, AB, Canada

Just got back from a family vacation to Drumheller Alberta. It was the first trip with our trailer and truck. The Ex is a 2007EB with the 4.6L and tow package. The trailer is a 2007 Rockwood Roo 23' Hybrid with 3 fold outs. The Ex handled it beautifully. It has plenty of power to buck the prairie wind! It also pulled very strong through the badlands which has some steep grades to climb. The gas mileage was a little painful at about 8.5mpg but towing costs. It was about a 1000km round trip.

032009117.jpg

032009115.jpg

I feel it matches quite well. I can definitely tell the boat is back there on hills but the explorer tows it really well!

0705091033.jpg

This was Snowball's 4th of July present- towing my boat down to Sugarloaf Lake in Portage. Sorry for how dirty she is. I usually keep her much cleaner. :D

IMG_2059.jpg

SnowballsButt.jpg

Back