picked up the Apten Explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

picked up the Apten Explorer

I'll have some pics up in a few days, this will be the test vehicle for further product development. We bought a 99 SOHC Explorer Sport with all of the goodies. It's 4wd for right now, but soon will be part time 4wd. Here's a list of a few things we want to come up with

- SOHC Cylinder heads
- matched camshafts
- 4wd full time to part time conversion kit
- ported intake kit
- valve kits
- much much more

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

:D

.... all thanks to me and my $275! :p Or is that a coincedence? :D

Good luck! Sounds like you got your plan set.

now we need to get you a 1st gen and we'll be all set.

2001ExpSport - I can always count on your enthusiasm, can't I?

for the 4wd to 2wd conversion, I am having a switch made that will fit in the stock switch location and look like it came from the factory. It will turn off the front clutch in the transfer case. I am also considering on that would lock it on, but that may be a little down the road. Plus this will be a cleaner deal for those that aren't comfortable just clipping wires.

Also just sent the throttle body off to be made, so in a few weeks we'll have an aftermarket TB available for the SOHC motors.

Brian

so when are you gonna get a 2nd gen v8 to make tbs and other goodies for?

once I get 300RWHP out of the 4.0L SOHC I'll probably be able to justify the cost to by another EX.

Brian

Is there any progress on this vehicle ?? As well as pictures or anyother relative information ... Im highly interested. Thxs!

Back