Pillars (Pics!) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Pillars (Pics!)

Anyone else have rusty, faded or flecked pillars? I did and I recently painted them. This is what they look like now:

truck%20003.jpg

truck%20004.jpg

truck%20005.jpg

truck%20006.jpg

Looks a lot better in my opinion.

Just figured people might wanna see this.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

gas cans inside???

Paint looks good :)
Colorado has very harsh UV rays, clear coats and black trim are really hard to keep looking new, I repaint my windshield trim and wiper arms about once a year.....

what a very odd place for rust.

florida also kills items like that the dashboards suck after a while. unless they are armoral on them or a cover on them..

exactly how do you paint them. A buddy of mine told me, but he said he had to let his set in a garage overnight. I dont have a garage i can put mine in. Mine on bad. Just the back pillars though. -TJ

Mine turned peach...Like the sun bleached them. I painted them black as well. Used an airbrush.

Oh, and by the way - CLEAN THAT TRUCK! :p :)

1. I use Krylon Indoor/Outdoor Semi flat black spray paint. "No runs no drips no errors!"

2. The gas cans are from before i blew the tranny seal. I have a slow coolant leak and theyre both full of water in case it got low. We went pretty far away from home, or really any signs of life to go wheelin.

Awesome job !!! Did the paint dry quikly and i also dont have a garage so id have to do them outdoors

it does dry quickly, so dont mess up."WHoops" i have some runs in mine on accident, hopefully i can get them out. It take about 5 minutes and just add how many ever coats you want. The paint is 3 bucks max. Just did mine. -TJ

I just painted mine at the same time that i painted my entire truck. The back ones look better with out that 'trim' peice that matches it up with the rear window.

if you go to body shops like Macco, they try to charge you like an extra 50 bucks to paint that ****. Sand it down, its not plastic or fiberglass or anything special... the same metal the rest of the door is made out of. hahah

Yeah, the pillars on my 97 were faded almost white. I called Macco asking about prices and the guy I talked to said they use flat black stove paint. So, I went to walmart and purchased 2 cans. The pillars look like new now. Now I need to work on the driver and passenger door pillars.

Back