• Register Today It's free!

Pirelli Scorpion Zero Tires on ST

hbalek

Reaction score
City, State
Kensington, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Ford Explorer ST
At only 3100 miles, I got a drywall screw in the inner shoulder of the tire which of course can never be repaired. NTB ordered a new one for me for 313.99 and it was received in 4 days. When they unpacked the tire and saw the foam insulation inside, they told me these tires can never be plugged/repaired by them. You have to buy a new tire every time it gets punctured! I'm thinking because of the special order status of this tire size and that it can't repaired, it may be smart to purchase a spare and have on hand at home for emergencies!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

@hbalek

Just sayin - As your Attorney, I seriously believe that after reading the run-flat road hazard warranty on Pirelli Tires.Com, someone owes you, at minumum, $313.99 !Also, on the same thought, did they (NTB - whoever they are) also charge you for Mounting/Balancing/and Disposal?

The following is directly from Pirelli.Com:

"Pirelli Run Flat tires are manufactured with technology that allows limited low-inflation operation in the event of sudden loss of pressure. As a result, in addition to the standard warranty coverage, Pirelli provides road hazard coverage on both Pirelli Original Equipment Tires and Replacement Tires manufactured with Pirelli Run Flat or PNCS technology. If a Run Flat or PNCS tire becomes unserviceable due to road hazard damage within the first year from the date of purchase, or within the first 2/32” of the original usable tread, whichever occurs first, the Pirelli tire will be replaced with an identical or comparable tire at no charge for the tire to the owner, including mounting and balancing (subject to applicable limitations)."

Link to Pirelli Tire Warranty (you'll need to download it from this link) : Warranty for car tires: terms and conditions | Pirelli

As your Attorney, hope that helps! ;)

tumblr_o8z6xdaAJG1smsmqro1_1280.gif

@hbalek

Just sayin - As your Attorney, I seriously believe that after reading the run-flat road hazard warranty on Pirelli Tires.Com, someone owes you, at minumum, $313.99 !Also, on the same thought, did they (NTB - whoever they are) also charge you for Mounting/Balancing/and Disposal?

The following is directly from Pirelli.Com:

"Pirelli Run Flat tires are manufactured with technology that allows limited low-inflation operation in the event of sudden loss of pressure. As a result, in addition to the standard warranty coverage, Pirelli provides road hazard coverage on both Pirelli Original Equipment Tires and Replacement Tires manufactured with Pirelli Run Flat or PNCS technology. If a Run Flat or PNCS tire becomes unserviceable due to road hazard damage within the first year from the date of purchase, or within the first 2/32” of the original usable tread, whichever occurs first, the Pirelli tire will be replaced with an identical or comparable tire at no charge for the tire to the owner, including mounting and balancing (subject to applicable limitations)."

Link to Pirelli Tire Warranty (you'll need to download it from this link) : Warranty for car tires: terms and conditions | Pirelli

As your Attorney, hope that helps! ;)

tumblr_o8z6xdaAJG1smsmqro1_1280.gif

These are NOT run flat tires!! Platinum models have run-flat available.

The Pirelli PNCS tires are repairable as long as its in a fixable area of the tire. They can only be fixed with a tire patch and not a plug.

Mine was not in the fixable area of the tire. On the outer edge of the shoulder almost in the sidewall. I think the Explorers with Michelin tires have self-sealing run-flat tires. These Pirelli's are not. How to Identify Run Flat Tires

@hbalek

You have to buy a new tire every time it gets punctured! I'm thinking because of the special order status of this tire size and that it can't repaired

Just tryin' to help - I assumed it was a Run Flat because of what you wrote ^^^^^

@hbalek

hbalek - I assumed it was a Run Flat because of what you wrote ^^^^^

Dave, you are correct about the Road Hazard Warranty which does apply to PNCS as well apparently. So my NTB dealer is contacting Pirelli for reimbursement under a warranty claim. Normally when you purchase a new car, the original equipment tires are only covered for defects not road hazard unless of course you purchase additional warranty which I did not. These Pirellis are special because they cannot be repaired and therefore come with more warranty. Thanks Dave for being my attorney! If Pirelli and NTB do not make good on this warranty then I will dispute the charges on my credit card!

Back