Please confirm offset spacing for Sport | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Please confirm offset spacing for Sport

expoman55

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Parrish FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Exp Sport, 2019 f150
I know this is a common question however even with all the threads I cannot seem to confirm the offset measurement for the Sport 20" wheels. I understand it is positive but don't have a true measurement...

Can someone please confirm the MM offset for spacing ?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I too have heard everything from 39 to 44. There's not much material difference between the two but I am pretty sure it's 44

I too have heard everything from 39 to 44. There's not much material difference between the two but I am pretty sure it's 44
I ordered my American Racing 18x8's for my 245/60 Blizzak snows with a 40mm offset, but that is not the stock offset. I honestly don't remember what I decided the stock offset was. The offset should be stamped on the inside of the wheel. I'd check, but I haven't pulled the 20" Xsport wheels yet because of our warm weather in the NE. I'm confident the 40mm offset is going to be ok with the 245s though. Hope I'm not surprised.

I ordered my American Racing 18x8's for my 245/60 Blizzak snows with a 40mm offset, but that is not the stock offset. I honestly don't remember what I decided the stock offset was. The offset should be stamped on the inside of the wheel. I'd check, but I haven't pulled the 20" Xsport wheels yet because of our warm weather in the NE. I'm confident the 40mm offset is going to be ok with the 245s though. Hope I'm not surprised.

The difference between 40 and 44 is minuscule you'll be fine

The difference between 40 and 44 is minuscule you'll be fine
Thanks Ford4. I put my snows on today. They did fit fine.

Just to confirm for Exploman55 (the OP), the offset on my 2015 Xsport wheels is 44mm :

162213328.gif

It is 44mm.

www.Detroitwheelandtire.com is a good source - they sell OEM refurbished wheels for just about everything, and they list detailed specs for everything. Every wheel they list for a 2015 Explorer shows a 44mm offset.

Now - in my opinion, all else constant, a 40mm offset will give you a more muscular look and probably won't be pushed out enough to rub. All else constant.

Back