Post pictures of your truck with auxiliary lights | Page 10 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Post pictures of your truck with auxiliary lights

Please post some pictures of your truck with auxiliary lights installed.

Thanks ...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

nice fj:thumbsup:

i was considering getting a fj for my next daily driver/trail rig.

410 - would you recommend it to anyone?

i took a manual trans on a test drive and then the dealer sold it out from under me. so now i'm kind of reconsidering. plus they're so damn exspensive for a used truck, at least i think they are.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Used Toyota SUV = $$$$$$$$$$ they do hold their value

I am VERY impressed with the FJ, I love almost everything about it
I love the fact its 4.0L V6 finally has some balls! Something the 3.0 and 3.4 Could never do in the 4 runner

I lvoe the way the FJ goes together, everything fron interior pieces to the underhood layout, its really easy to work on , there is so much room! lots of elbow room too.... it is a very quiet truck, very solid feeling on the road, it tows awesome and has not given us one single problem ever

the FJ has a stout rear end 8.75 R&P, its a 5 link coil setup... easy to get good travel out of and VERY smooth on the trail and street. The suspension is very nice, the cab is quiet, the interior is VERY durable, and welll I just love the looks, its sooooo wide it makes it handle less like a SUV and more like a wagon. They need a sunroof, ditch the funky silver plastic wings on the bumpers, and all would be perfect..

Only downsides are blind spots and small cargo area (used to explorer) other then that HELLL YES I RECOMMEND A FJ as a DD , in fact our neighbors just bought a black 6 speed manual last weekend, they have been asking about ours for over a year now...the manual transmission hauls butt!! We need auto for towing and 4x4 though, plus DD.... wifer has 72k miles on the FJ in 18+ months

the FJ is a wonderful SUV, just dont plan an making it a dedicated trail rig, its just way too hard to see out of for that....

here are mine

100_00681.jpg

Used Toyota SUV = $$$$$$$$$$ they do hold their value

I am VERY impressed with the FJ, I love almost everything about it
I love the fact its 4.0L V6 finally has some balls! Something the 3.0 and 3.4 Could never do in the 4 runner

I lvoe the way the FJ goes together, everything fron interior pieces to the underhood layout, its really easy to work on , there is so much room! lots of elbow room too.... it is a very quiet truck, very solid feeling on the road, it tows awesome and has not given us one single problem ever

the FJ has a stout rear end 8.75 R&P, its a 5 link coil setup... easy to get good travel out of and VERY smooth on the trail and street. The suspension is very nice, the cab is quiet, the interior is VERY durable, and welll I just love the looks, its sooooo wide it makes it handle less like a SUV and more like a wagon. They need a sunroof, ditch the funky silver plastic wings on the bumpers, and all would be perfect..

Only downsides are blind spots and small cargo area (used to explorer) other then that HELLL YES I RECOMMEND A FJ as a DD , in fact our neighbors just bought a black 6 speed manual last weekend, they have been asking about ours for over a year now...the manual transmission hauls butt!! We need auto for towing and 4x4 though, plus DD.... wifer has 72k miles on the FJ in 18+ months

the FJ is a wonderful SUV, just dont plan an making it a dedicated trail rig, its just way too hard to see out of for that....

I agree man fj's are a good overall off road vehicle and you can make them look very agressive too .... :D, here is my brothers fj.
nice fj fortune
DSC01987.jpg

DSC01992-1.jpg

DSC01942.jpg

a side veiw
100_01911.jpg

heres how its mounted

both sides weilded to frame railes
100_01901.jpg

then theres a big bar running up to a u shape piece of metal at the bottom of the skid plate

the bar
100_01921.jpg

the u its at the top of the picture in the middle
100_01931.jpg

Not too impressive yet, all I have on right now are the lights on the brushguard. I still have to put together a roof rack and mount some lights on it!
IMG_0954.jpg

Posted these in the bumper mount thread as well

P1010001.jpg

P1010002.jpg

P1010003.jpg

Looking GOOD , Scotty....;)

Hella 1000's in the Black magic series, just put in the black headlights to match.

IMG_1370.jpg

Hella 1000's in the Black magic series, just put in the black headlights to match.

IMG_1370.jpg

Dude where did you get those auxiliary lights?? I want me some of them!

I have never seen LED fogs in action. How do they light up the road? Are they as bright as a set of KC or ProComp type halogens?

L.E.D. fogs are rated at 500 lumen and are extremely bright, they even make same style light rated at 1000 lumen.

Looking real good. I'll bet you can tell a big difference.
Thanks for the pics....:)

I can see some difference but around my neighborhood there are a lot of street lights so I can't see their full potential. I added a pic of the switch location to my post (#240) on the previous page.

Back