Post your WTB Aerostar parts here. | Page 12 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Post your WTB Aerostar parts here.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Rear bumper covers for extended aerostar. Left one especially. Thanks!

I have a brand new (old stock) rear bumper cover for an extended Aerostar. I also have the left and right bumper covers. They are both take-offs. Left is gold. Right is green.

I have a brand new (old stock) rear bumper cover for an extended Aerostar. I also have the left and right bumper covers. They are both take-offs. Left is gold. Right is green.
lucky you

I could use an A4LD transmission for my 1995 RWD 3.0L van.
That sucks, I'd have a really hard time trusting a used junk yard unit. I see ads on craigslist here in phoenix, and in Los Angeles for $500 transmissions with a 2 year warranty.

I looked online at several places such as Craigslist, EBay & Amazon, but they were close to $2k. Local junkyards have them for a few hundred but they are in unknown & untested condition.
That was the reason I decided to do a manual trans swap on my van. Anything used has an unknown expiration date and the cost of a rebuilt unit exceeds the value of the van. Car-part.com lists some low mileage units in the $3-400 range. Most of those junk yards will ship.

What if it's no good? I'll have to spend time putting it in, removing it, and buying ATF plus shipping it back to them.
Rebuilt is your best option to avoid that. Someone could pull a working used unit, ship it to you and it fail during installation.

I was going to work on the transmission on the 1995 today but the parking brake cable snapped when I put it up on ramps.:mad2: I saw several part numbers with multiple lengths. I don't know why they make ordering a cable so complicated. I need the cable which connects the lever on the floor to the 3 hole plate going to the rear.

I was going to work on the transmission on the 1995 today but the parking brake cable snapped when I put it up on ramps.:mad2: I saw several part numbers with multiple lengths. I don't know why they make ordering a cable so complicated. I need the cable which connects the lever on the floor to the 3 hole plate going to the rear.
That cable is a pain in the ass to replace on the handle.

I didn't have any luck connecting a short piece of cable to the broken end as a repair. The bolted clamp kept pulling apart when the lever was pulled. Maybe a crimped clamp connector might work better.

I don't know what the length of the cable is supposed to be, and I don't want to order the wrong one. These vans only came in two sizes so why are there so many different length cables if they are supposed to be an exact replacement part?

I'm still in need of a working A4LD transmission if anybody comes across one. My van has been sitting for 4 months, and I would like to get it working. I'm very limited about what I could do with only a shopping cart & two legs.

I'm still in need of a working A4LD transmission if anybody comes across one. My van has been sitting for 4 months, and I would like to get it working. I'm very limited about what I could do with only a shopping cart & two legs.

Are there any forum members in the area who could rebuild one for you?

Still several on car-part.com with less than 83k miles $200 to $400.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I could use an A4LD transmission for my 1995 RWD 3.0L van.
I plan to junk my 1995 Aerostar 4.0L with A4LD trans. The OD isn't working. I think it's a shift module. I live in eastern Iowa. PM if interested.

Back