Power Windows suddenly quit working | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Power Windows suddenly quit working

wld35

Reaction score
City, State
oklahoma city, ok
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Sport
When I replaced the turn signal relay, the power windows suddenly quit working. Perhaps a relay or fuse? Where would that be located?

2 dr Explorer Sport, 2001

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Moved to the appropriate forum...Please read the rules before posting...
This forum is where professional automotive technicians or skilled automotive hobbyists can share their tech tips. Do not post your questions here! Post in the forum best suited to your topic. Questions posted in this forum will be deleted!

fuse and relay checked

Fuse and relay are fine, besides, moonroof works fine and according to manual, are operated by the same those same relay and fuse.

i have a problem also.
i need to know which relay under the dash causes the power windows/locks to stop working? theres 6 skinny ones and one big one. can you tell me which one it is. like is it the first one closest to the drivers door or 2nd. and whats the numbers on it so i can make sure i pull the right one.

and will this relay work to replace it? its called a Multiple Purpose relay. 9.99 at autozone.

mutl purpose relay:
Part Number: 41-5612
Weight: 0.055 lbs.
Note: O.E.M. #F5TZ-14N089B

Back