Pre-T-Haven | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Pre-T-Haven

Good news

As of August 1st they stopped the day pass for all trail in the Anza Borrego area! Woo Hoo. When I went there last month my dad and I went to the visitors center and asked to get a park permit and the ranger said don't need them any more. So we can go wherever we want whenever we want!
See you guys Saturday Morning!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Park Pass

Colin, Thanks for the info!! I haven't been down there in over a year, so I wasn't aware of the changes. That's great cause there's some really cool scenic places in the park, but some are put off by the pass fees.

Rims and tires are on the truck :cool: Looks awesome. Went and had my other exhaust done too. I'm already to go.
Ray, the place you're planning on running is this something i could do with my rig(2wd)? Just curious.
Thanks
Brian

Good to hear...

about the wheels and tires being ready to go. I don't think we're going to leave that early Saturday morning. We were thinking of about 6 am and just stop by McDonalds or something like that so, I'll see you there. My dad might show up later in the day and meet up with us so I'll be listening and looking for a white '91 Range Rover County.
Can't wait to be there, later.

Colin

What channel are you going to run?

cb

everyone will be on channel 4.

"Leonid meteors could sprinkle the skies with dazzling streaks of light before dawn Friday and Saturday. Some astronomers predict the shower will deliver a spectacular display over North America."

Truckhaven will be a perfect spot to obsrve the meteors since it's pitch black for miles around out there. There is no light contamination from cities, we just will have a quarter moon to contend with.

falling stars.

Thats awesome...make the nights interesting. Make alot of wishes. :D

Brian-

I'll be on channel 4 since that's what everyone else is going to be on already. If you're leaving that early and going to take it easy, I might even catch up to you. So I'll call out a few times on the way down there. Talk to ya,

Here are some coordinates for the GPS users out there. The turn off from 86 to N. Marina Dr. is at/or near N 33 18.164 W 115 58.937

The camp site is at/or near: N 33 17.479 W 116 0.293

So, You're Still Home

I took a ride out ot T-haven this evening and I'd like to give a landmark or two to any one arriving at night who's never been there before.

Heading north on [86], PASS the big tall red sign, w/ white lettering "Sundowner Inn & Bar" [S22](abandon restaurant)

Two more (2) more miles north....and LEFT through the split in the highway, North Marina Drive .

Small Sign 6'x4' "Tommy Tickles Towing & Dismantle" left side of paved/gravel intersection.

Silhouettes of short palm trees, two on the left one on the right.

First 1/2 mile paved.

Driving south on [86], if you see "Sundowner Inn & Bar", Back track 2 miles on [86].

Any feedback; please advise now!

Pinyon Mtn & 2X

Brian Wooten,

No, unfortunately, I don't think 2X will cut it, as there are some "step" rocks to climb where you need the front wheels lifting the front end up the steps, and there are a couple of downhill slides where you need 4X for control and Low Range for slowing you down. Sorry! :(

Ray

there always a next time..I'm working on my toyota 4x4. LoL. my dad wants to take it to truckhaven in 2001. I have to keep reminding him, FORD. Depending on how this weekend goes maybe we could hitch a ride and see the trail. I'm leaving tomorrow morn at 5. See ya there.

Thanx to all!

Hey Pre-T-Haven gang, thanx for the great time. Is was a most excellent weekend, right Rick (in reference to the almost pumpkin tumble). I am really excited about january, and another night run led by Brian. Hope to have the diff. done so I can dig less holes. Thanx again, and see you then.

Also, I am going to up load all the picture and create a page or them. I'll post a link here when it's done, so be watching.

Ripely's Believe It or Not

O.K...... I went to Truckhaven three times in the last week, and I was told of this "Great Pumpkin", believe me I waited, but I think it's a big Myth, you guys are just putting me on, there is no "Rick" or "Pumpkin" and I'll be back in January just to see.
( I'm running under the assumption that this site is for fun and information, if I'm out of line please let me know)

oh mysterious one

leave it to you Pete to leave two hours before Rick showe up on friday night, then come back late on sunday when only a couple of trucks were still there. for your third show up, when was that? we went back to camp both days for lunch. we were also all on radio.....oh yea, you couldn't find your radio. i'll post a pic of the pumpkin in action just for you Pete. Don't worry, on sunday we found a great trail for stockers, and the night run was great....you'll love it as long as that explorer of yours isn't afraid of dirt. (or the driver) Also, I'm sure a couple of us will be back in the area before T-Haven 2001 if you want to come out with us.

Back