Programming a new remote on the Bosch Immobiliser system on European Vehicles | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Programming a new remote on the Bosch Immobiliser system on European Vehicles

cristian_vidu

Reaction score
City, State
Bucharest
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 Explorer 4.0 SOHC
None of the dealers in my country were able to program a remote to my car. They were nonetheless able to sell that remote and when they realised that they had no idea on how to program it they said that the immobiliser system was faulty and needed to be replaced at ~2500 Euro.

Here is what was written on the remote: Robert Bosch GMBH RK-112 .

If you are in my situation here is the procedure to program a new remote on '95-'97 Explorers built for Europe. Good Luck.

By the way, read the instructions carefully. It took me the better part of one day to figure out what I was doing wrong when I programmed my remote, but it does work.

Model: Explorer '95 - '97 MY

Markets: Germany, Switzerland, Norway, Sweden, Belgium, Netherlands, Spain, United Kingdom, Hungary

Subject: Programming the remote control for the anti-theft system

Summary

Programming the Remote Control - '95 MY Vehicles

l Unlock the vehicle using the remote control (turn off all electrical consumers, e.g. the radio).

Note:
If the following steps are not completed within two minutes, the immobilisation system will activate itself. To make it easier to carry out this step, lock the vehicle from inside, then unlock it again, and set the ignition key to RUN.

l Put the ignition key into the ignition lock and turn it to RUN.

l The immobilisation system warning lamp will come on for about three seconds and then go out.

Note:
If the following step is not carried out without delay, it is likely that the time dependent sequence of the operations will be interrupted at this stage.

l Wait until the immobilization system warning lamp goes out, then switch the ignition to OFF and then immediately back to RUN. Repeat this ten more times.

Note:
It is important NOT to turn the ignition back to the OFF position after the eleventh cycle.

l On the eleventh repeat cycle the immobilization system switches into programming mode. The warning lamp flashes in one second intervals.

l Within 20 seconds, program all the remote control units (including old ones) by pressing the send button on each. For each one, press the send button until the immobilization system warning lamp begins to flash faster.

l Finish the programming sequence by switching the ignition to OFF.

Programming the Remote Control - '96 - '97 MY Vehicles

1. Establish the Security Code

l Check the vehicle keeper's identity (registration document, driving licence, etc. )

l Make a note of the immobilization system module serial number (behind the rear left side trim in the luggage compartment).

l Telephone the Technical Hotline, requesting that the security code request form be faxed to you.

l Fax the completed form back to the Technical Hotline (immobilization system module serial number, vehicle identification number, vehicle keeper's details).

l The Technical Hotline will send back the security code.

2. Enter the Security Code

l Unlock the vehicle using the available remote control (turn off all electrical consumers).

l If no original immobilization system remote control is available then remove the horn relay.

l Turn the ignition OFF and leave it there for at least two minutes (the anti-theft system warning lamp flash's indicating that the anti-theft system has self-activated).

Example: Enter Security Code - 6452

µ 1. Enter the first digit.
l Turn the ignition switch ON/OFF ”6" times finishing at OFF.
l Wait five seconds.

Note:
Repeat the input procedure for the remaining numbers of the security code in sequence.

2. Enter the second digit.
l Turn the ignition switch ON/OFF ”4" times finishing at OFF.
l Wait five seconds.

3. Enter the third digit.
l Turn the ignition switch ON/OFF ”5" times finishing at OFF.
l Wait five seconds.

4. Enter the fourth digit.
l Turn the ignition switch ON/OFF ”2" times finishing at OFF.
l Wait five seconds.

3. Attempt to Start the Engine

5. If the engine fails to start, the code has not been entered correctly.

4. Programme the Anti-Theft System Remote Control

Note:
If the following step is not completed within two minutes, the immobilization system will set itself.

l Turn the ignition switch to RUN.

l The immobilization system warning light will come on for approx. three seconds, then go out.

Note:
If the following step is carried out before the immobilisation system warning lamp goes out, then the entry cycle is interrupted and the entry procedure must be repeated.

Note:
It is important NOT to turn the ignition back to the OFF position after the eleventh cycle.

l Wait until the immobilization system warning lamp goes out, then switch the ignition to OFF and then immediately back to RUN. Repeat this ten more times.

l On the eleventh repeat cycle the immobilization system switches into programming mode. The warning lamp flashes in one second intervals.

l Within 20 seconds, program all the remote control units by pressing the send button on each (including the old ones). For each one, press the send button until the immobilization system warning lamp begins to flash faster.

l Finish the programming sequence by switching the ignition to OFF.

l Install the horn relay as necessary.

Sorry to drag this one up, Ive just got the 4 didgit code from Ford, i have managed to get the vehicle running by entering the Security Code BUT I just cant match the remote, on the eleventh repeat cycle I cant get warning lamp to flash ?

Thanks

Unfortunately I no longer have the car and some years have passed. I can tell you it didn't work for me the first tries either. I think it took me about 4 hours (and I didn't take out the horn) when I just kept trying the same thing over and over again.

Since the code is ok the problem may be with the sequence. Perhaps you could try not starting the car. Try some variations.

Or perhaps you are switching the ignition to OFF after you start the car. Try switching it to RUN and see if it helps.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Do post back which of these variations were successful.

Cristian

Back