Project: RangerX gets full width D44 + 8.8 | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Project: RangerX gets full width D44 + 8.8

I've talked about it for years, but today it's official. :D
I have taken possession of a HP D44 out of a 79 F150, and an 8.8 out of a 91 F150, in a deal I could not pass up from 90ranajo. :salute:
Don't know when I'll actually start the procedure, it may be a few months, but when I do, it will be a very basic, verrryyy bargain basement type of build. The front will be your basic radius arm, coil spring setup, and the rear will be my current leafs bolted to the new 8.8. I will aim for max flex from this setup, and probably modify/improve on it slowly over time, as funds permit. ;)

Her is some photographic proof. D44 is complete, but partially disassembled.
(chihuahua for scale :p:)

Attachments

• 111907 004.jpg
    111907 004.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 2,083

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

PM me your address and Ill send them out to you. Then Ill tell you what the shipping charge is. I should be able to fit them in a flat rate envelope.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

They are the same;)

Nope. I have run accross two styles. The holes are spaced different on them. The Radius arms and the lower coil seats are spaced different by like 3/8" or so. You should measure the holes on the arms and the holes on the seats and make sure they are the same spread.

The ones that are on my truck have extra holes:p:

You drilled a new set? When I ran accross it I got all frustrated tying to figure out what I messed up to keep the bolts from threading in the holes! I worked on it for a helf hour before I eventually figured it out...

You drilled a new set? When I ran accross it I got all frustrated tying to figure out what I messed up to keep the bolts from threading in the holes! I worked on it for a helf hour before I eventually figured it out...

I didn't:D, but my bottom plates are welded annd tapped to the arms, sense they not the normal arms;)

The two holes for the stock coil seats measure 1", center to center on my arms.
Colindo, do your seats have that measurement?

Nope. I have run accross two styles. The holes are spaced different on them. The Radius arms and the lower coil seats are spaced different by like 3/8" or so. You should measure the holes on the arms and the holes on the seats and make sure they are the same spread.

I ran into this issue, flipping the parts driver and passenger and drilling new holes solved the issue for me.

Ill take a look today

I got 1" from center to center

PM sent!

(OMG) Just picked up the thread, Congrads

PM me your address and Ill send them out to you. Then Ill tell you what the shipping charge is. I should be able to fit them in a flat rate envelope.

This offer still good? I sent you a PM, then totollay forgot about it. :confused:

Thanks for the bump to the head, Colin. ;)

Is the OMG for Bill doing an SAS or that you're online, or both?:p:

Just silly joke Iz and I have going. But I am excited about bill's new make-over....

OMG!!! Seriously Winter, I'm going to come to your house and spray paint OMG on your door.

[/hijack]

Back