Question on exhaust change! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Aux819

Reaction score
City, State
Connecticut
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Ford Explorer Limite
So I have a 99 explorer 5.0 limited. I want the exhaust to be louder and better but I want to be able to quiet it down when I want. So I was thinking dual exhaust cutouts. First off what is the diameter of my exhaust??? And I was thinking of the best placement.... I want it after the cats. But before the dual resonator. Is it possible to install it right before the 2 resonators before the muffler??? Is there enough room there??? I was either going to do this or just cut it all before the resonators and put turndowns. And have it really loud.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Someone correct me please if I am wrong, but seems that the OP is asking for advice on an illegal modification.

Someone correct me please if I am wrong, but seems that the OP is asking for advice on an illegal modification.
I'm not driving with the current out open all the time just whilst showing off lol

By the way am I not supposed to do that?

It's also not illegal in the state I live in btw

I'd like to hear the answer about the diameter. I'm looking at getting just a muffler, but am not sure if the dual inlets are 2.25 or 2.5 going into the muffler.

Lol just go take a tape measure and measure it lol

Back