Quick favor from the Arizona Gang please? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Quick favor from the Arizona Gang please?

RustySJohnson

Reaction score
City, State
Indianapolis, Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 Limited
Rusty's Explorer search - Morph

Someone in AZ nearby check this out? The asking price is unreasonable, considering.... please PM me before you go through the trouble and time to investigate this find further.

I don't want anyone to waste their time on just a prospect.

Craigslist Link:
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/ctd/3549954639.html

Thanks,

Rusty

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

this 1994 Ford Explorer Limited only has 56,011 miles on it and could potentially be the vehicle of your dreams!

1994 Ford Explorer Limited

Price: 3995
Mileage: 156011
Stock No: 7577

>only has 56,011 miles on it
>Mileage: 156011

Looks great, but it better have only 56,011 on it for that price.

trhat could easily be 156000 or 256000 as there are only 5 digits available

That dealership is down the road from my old house... I don't live there anymore. its in a row of seedy dealerships, in a seedy neighborhood. The kind that are overpriced, and offer their own financing... With no credit check.

are you wanting to buy this?

Looks pretty darn clean. Not much wear on the driver's seat or the brake pedal.

I think the 94 --up have the 6 digit odometer. :D

I've been looking at 94's almost 1 year now collectively. I haven't found the ryhme or reason behind 5 vs 6 digit odometer. Most appear to be 5, and the vast majority of sellers quote the lower "apparent" mileage. I run a VIN check and it always nets me what I'm looking for and negotiate under the correct mileage or I just walk away. Most people just play dumb when you tell them it's not right.

That dealership is down the road from my old house... I don't live there anymore. its in a row of seedy dealerships, in a seedy neighborhood. The kind that are overpriced, and offer their own financing... With no credit check.

Yes, if I can get it for the right price. The mileage is 151,x.. for sure. Seedy Dealer? Most are unfortunately. Kelley BB and NADA set the value $2350- 2500 from a Dealer. That's assuming Excellent condition with descent tires, clean, and minor imperfections, plus a warranty (not that I need it).

I don't know why, but I keep getting drawn to the white Limited's.

No Deal - Cancel AZ

Probably not now, I made an offer of $2,350. It took two seconds for them to tell me no and counter in the low $3K. Problem I have, is the tires need to be replaced in the short-term. They'd get me home, if the price was $3K, I'd expect brand new one's already installed. Tires and alignment are going to cost $6-900, and this doesn't matter if it's a 1994 or a 2013. I wouldn't buy it based solely on principle. Pile shipping/travel expenses on top of all this and I'm throwing good money after bad. Since it's one of those buy here pay here dealers, There's no doubt they'll get that much off someone with bad credit, but not I.

There's another one in an arid region; Albequerque, NM.

http://albuquerque.craigslist.org/cto/3536419938.html

And another not far from me in Jeffersonville, IN right next to Louiseville KY, which is interesting find and only 150 miles away.

http://louisville.craigslist.org/cto/3557818184.html

Attachments

• Albino.jpg
    Albino.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 219
  • ExplJefferson.jpg
    ExplJefferson.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 213

Sounds good. We'll call off the hounds. :)

Darn. I started reading this thread and wanted to go on an adventure.

I have to ask Rusty, why the hard on for the first gen? Since you don't wheel them, the AWD second gen is a nice truck, looks good, has v8 option or a better v6, updated comfort options, ect. For the same $ you can find a 2001 easier than a low mileage, no rust 94.

Back