Radio display says

shooter_1000

Reaction score
City, State
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 XLT 4x4 & 2002 XLT 4x
radio display says bad

What the heck is my brothers radio in trying to tell us? It says bad on the display.

He pulled out the memory fuse and it is good after that for awhile(not sure how long exactly...couple of days), and then the display says bad again. We have no idea what it can be.....I know I stumbled over a thread on this site about this very subject, but for the life of me, do you think I can find it again.

Anyway, if someone has an idea what this could be or knows where I can find this thread please let me know.

Thanks

I will find out the details on which radio it is and update this post when I have that info.

I have a 94 XLT with factory Am/FM cass. My radio went high volume and took no input from panel, then fuzzed out, then came on half display, then died and only said BAD. I arranged to get another one from someone on this forum. I pulled mine. I read a topic exactly like yours- was yours on before? So I plugged mine back in and it worked fine. Worked all the way while I went to get its replacement (about an hour drive). I changed it anyhow. Seems like spooky electronic chip stuff to me- I figured its revival was only temporary.

OEM stereo sucks

Mine says the same when i try to play any cd. It also makes a clicking sound when i insert a cd. go figure!! Complete new car stereo comming soon....

Back