Randall's SAS #2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Randall's SAS #2

HQ0.JPG

HQ01.JPG

HQ02.JPG

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

SAS #2, What the heck is this about? I thought you already had an awsome HP44 with an Ox.

Isles4evr said:
SAS #2, What the heck is this about? I thought you already had an awsome HP44 with an Ox.

pay attention now.... that's a hi pinion D60.... i smell link's a'comin :bounce:

Yeah now that I pay attention to the knuckels I can see. Oh boy it's done be mean now :fire: .

Isles4evr said:

I do have an hp d44 in the front, but I took the ox out in favor of a detroit. But, I scored this here hp d60 with 5.13's, detroit, warn 35 spline 4340 outers, 35 spline sno-fighter inners, warn drive flanges, 1410 yoke, cheap. I am going full width next time. I'll probably go with a dana 70u or a 35 spline d60 for the rear. Radius arm style 4 link front, 3 link rear.

Damn, I can't wait to see the progress pics. Why did you remove the Ox, not happy with it? And what did you do with it?

Chris

Way to go! :chug:

Mudd***** said:
I do have an hp d44 in the front, but I took the ox out in favor of a detroit. But, I scored this here hp d60 with 5.13's, detroit, warn 35 spline 4340 outers, 35 spline sno-fighter inners, warn drive flanges, 1410 yoke, cheap. I am going full width next time. I'll probably go with a dana 70u or a 35 spline d60 for the rear. Radius arm style 4 link front, 3 link rear.

so do you plan on going with a fuel cell where the spare tire mounted? i have hashed this over with a few friend's and it look's like i would need to put a crossmember thru my fuel tank for proper geometry in a 4link also the diff's offset become's a problem with the pinion clearing the corner of the tank that's why it's taken me so long to get anywhere lately, my guy has just started building the custom 9" housing :bounce: just FYI the 8.8 has a 4" offset to the passenger side ;)

So Randall,

What D44 parts do you have to sell me? :bounce:

No kidding! I need dana 44 parts. I have a early bronco axle but no shafts, radius arms, etc.

Damn, Conyl, you haven't finished that SAS yet? I thought you said you could get it done in a weekend! ;)

Trckmagik said:
No kidding! I need dana 44 parts. I have a early bronco axle but no shafts, radius arms, etc.

Sorry, but the d44 is staying in until everything else is ready. There is a guy in town, another customer of TAG's with a cherokee, that is looking for a d44 front and 8.8 rear. If that falls through I will let you know, unless of course you top his offer. ;)

SAS is done. I just noticed you eBay'd the Detroit. :(

Man you are sick! ;)

I just wish you would get to a point where you would come back out and wheel with us again, BTW who's doing your cage? TAG?

I realize that it's been 7 years since I updated this thread (coincidentally the length of time I've been married
laughing.gif
)

Maybe it will help motivate me to have an active thread going, so here are some pics:

axlesss.gif

tire2.gif

highsteer.gif

heims.gif

d601.gif

d602.gif

A0809.gif

5491772689_bc5fe9b039.gif

Great to see you back at it!! Ready to see some photos on truck!

get to it allready!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome back Randall. I'm slowly getting back into the sport again myself (divorce is final!) :party: :smokinfro

BTW, I need a source for heim joints.

:feedback:

Back