RCD Lift FAQ | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

RCD Lift FAQ

Thanks... but your link doesn't work

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

can i still use a body lift on top of this lift? i wanna get as much lift as possible but not go over 10 inches

Ok i have a few questions fro you inh, im having trouble researching all this i want to do this to my 95 ford explorer.
1. Rcd lift for a 98-02 ranger will fit my 95 explorer (front)
2. Leaf springs and shackles from a ford 150 will fit my explorer, what year f150 will convert?
3.can i use a 3 inch body lift on top of all this?
4.my explorer uses tortion bars and none of the kits are made for tortions bars, are my wrong, if i am please correct me.
5. Do i need anything else except maybe front and rear drive shaft?
Thank you for your help.

Ok i have a few questions fro you inh, im having trouble researching all this i want to do this to my 95 ford explorer.
1. Rcd lift for a 98-02 ranger will fit my 95 explorer (front)
2. Leaf springs and shackles from a ford 150 will fit my explorer, what year f150 will convert?
3.can i use a 3 inch body lift on top of all this?
4.my explorer uses tortion bars and none of the kits are made for tortions bars, are my wrong, if i am please correct me.
5. Do i need anything else except maybe front and rear drive shaft?
Thank you for your help.

1. yes, but iirc some things will need swapped out. I thought I had read that the Rangers front rotors are smaller than the Explorers.

2. I can't answer that... but somebody else may chime in.

3. of course! it's a body lift.

4. Superlift makes a 4" kit that uses torsion bars. The RCD kit replaces the torsion bars with the coil-overs.

5. You have a 95, so you should have a double-cardan front driveshaft, instead of the GKN-style CV. If that is the case, you will only need to get the rear shaft lengthened, not 100% sure about the front (the slip-shaft may allow enough movement)

that is crazy sick lift - and I like the pic where your parked next to a stockie X to see the height difference. - Hey, I didn't see any costs or numbers around here; what would something like this set my wallet back??????

---And for the actual question what I am looking for tonight:
My Left Torsion Bar is adjusted to the MAX but my right is barely touched and still sitting low; I can only assume that the last owner replaced one and not both. So the question is: Where do I get a new (or new to me) Left Torsion Bar and how would I know if it's good before I go through the effort to install?????

UGH- Ok, I didn't look hard enough...... I see the link-

Hey, if someone on here makes a comment about parting out an X for whatever reason, are we able to chat about prices and selling on this site???? (I'm a newbie, I don't know)

When doing a 2 Inch Torsion Twist front lift, are new elongated sway bar end links needed since the distance to the lower control arm are constantly different after the raise??? I would think that with a 2" TT lift that the sway bar end links would need to be 1-1.5 inches longer to accomodate a greater ride height from the control arm......

Gimme some feeedbak-

No, you don't need to lengthen the sway bar links. Next time you have a question please make your own thread so this one will stay on topic of the RCD lift.

Has anyone had any issue with the brake lines that come with this kit? I have been running it or almost a year and I'm on my third set. Mounted upward on the caliper they rub my tires, and downward they snap over time. Just curious if this is normal or if I have something mounted wrong?

Has anyone had any issue with the brake lines that come with this kit? I have been running it or almost a year and I'm on my third set. Mounted upward on the caliper they rub my tires, and downward they snap over time. Just curious if this is normal or if I have something mounted wrong?

I use 2 zip ties to hold it away from the tire. Zip tie one on the spindle by where the abs wire mounts up. Then loop a zip tie through the one on the spindle and then around the brake line. You want it to be loose enough to give full movement without binding but tight enough to keep it off the tire.

i thought this kit was discontinued...for the 4x4 t-bar rangers.

I used a zip tie as well and it works fine...

Thanks for the help. I ended up welding two nuts to the tire side of the spindles, and bolting some loose fitting pipe clamps. It seems to work fine and with a little paint looks like it was part of the kit.

where can i get that adaptor=Neapco N2-83-287X

i need this adaptor for my 2002 explorer sport trac, i put a 4 inch lift on it and it keeps tearing the grease seal, so rock_john reccomended getting a 1996 v8 awd front drive shaft and using the adaptor, im not sure if its gonna work but i need my 4x4 to work, and i cant find the adaport any idea where i could get it?:rangertan::salute:

whats the difference in the 2wd and 4wd kits.why was it discontinued?

Back