Reliability survey:Your 2011-13 Ford Explorer Mileage | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Reliability survey:Your 2011-13 Ford Explorer Mileage

Year:2013
Trim: Base
FWD vs 4WD: 4WD
Current mileage: 6500
Any problem or issue: Rear blower motor quit working. Dealer found loose plug on motor. Provided a rental while in the shop.
Are you happy with your purchase: Yes
Would you recommend new EX for others: Yes

converted_21 wrote: When pulling a trailer random pop/bang noise from outside underneath of car (for sure it's not trailer or ball)

That's the normal noises you get from a receiver hitch. You just notice it alot more in you Ex because it's attached to the uni-body under the floor in the rear passenger compartment. Not much in the way to isolate the noises. If it was a pick-up, you have the whole bed between you and the hitch. I noticed it on mine too.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Current mileage: 6500
Any problem or issue: Rear blower motor quit working. Dealer found loose plug on motor. Provided a rental while in the shop.

That's the normal noises you get from a receiver hitch. You just notice it alot more in you Ex because it's attached to the uni-body under the floor in the rear passenger compartment. Not much in the way to isolate the noises. If it was a pick-up, you have the whole bed between you and the hitch. I noticed it on mine too.

Oh, ok!! This is the first unibody for me to pull a trailer with. Our mdx didn't have tow, have always had trucks or tahoes and suburbans. Thanks for informing me, as I was a bit worried it might eventually rip out the bottom of the car or something crazy!

Year:.......2013
Trim:.......XLT w/202A pkg
FWD vs 4WD:........FWD
Current mileage:........4789
Any problem or issue: .........NONE
Are you happy with your purchase: YES
Would you recommend new EX for others: YES

Year:....... 2012
Trim:....... Limited
FWD vs 4WD:........ 4WD
Current mileage:........ 18,600
Any problem or issue: ......... A pillar (fixed), windshield cowling (fixed), Transmission Bang/Slip (went away mostly), Defective Tire (replaced), Vibrations at highway speed (several attempts to fix then declared feature), wind noise (feature), Ford Sync issues (fixed), and minor interior rattles (fixed).
Are you happy with your purchase: No, I wished I had kept my 2002 Explorer because it rode better and it was based on a truck frame!
Would you recommend new EX for others: No, not with a good conscience.

Finally, we will be replacing my wife's car this fall, it won't be with a Ford.

xplanfan

Year: 2013
Trim: Limited, 301A package
FWD vs 4WD: FWD - Ecoboost
Current mileage: 16,100
Any problem or issue: metalic brake squeal from about 6,000 - 11,000 milage
Would you recommend new EX for others: Yes - at 6'4" it has plenty of head, shoulder, hip, & leg room.

Year: 2011
Trim: XLT 202 package
Current mileage: 15,000
Any problem or issue: Had over 8 - 9 dealer visits for various issues.
Are you happy with your purchase: No more problems after 2 years of warranty fixes. So yes. It's a very great car and I've been getting 18 - 19 MPG city on average and just got 24.5 MPG on the AWD for some reason also.
Would you recommend new EX for others: Definitely if it's not the 2011 or 2012 model.

It's a great car once you aren't bugged by all the problems the 11MY had. The car is very fuel efficient when driven right and rides really smooth on the highway.

Year: 2012
Trim: Limited
Current Mileage: 48,000 km or about 30,000 miles
Any problem or issue: Absolutely nothing!
Are you happy with your purchase: YES
Would you recommend new EX for others: MOST DEFINITELY!

go here and they will compile the statistics into useful data...
www.truedelta.com

Year:.......2013 Built March 9 2013
Trim:.......SPORT 402A
FWD vs 4WD:........4WD
Current mileage:........1,550
Any problem or issue: .........None
Are you happy with your purchase: Extremely. Hands down the nicest car I have ever took delivery on.
Eddie

Year: 2011
FWD vs 4WD: FWD
Current mileage: 37600 km / 23500 mi
Any problem or issue: FWD has oversteer but thats not a design problem necessarily.
Would I recommend an Ex?: Yes

Trim:Limited - 302A Package
Current mileage:150 miles
Any problem or issue: none (YET)
Are you happy with your purchase: Yes, so far i am

Its an AWESOME vehicle. I am completely impressed.

Year:2011
Trim: XLT
FWD vs 4WD: FWD
Current Mileage: 17,500
Problems or Issues: "A" Pillar issue at about 1100 miles. Nothing since.
Happy with purchase? : Hell yeah.
Recommend new Ex to others? : Sure.

This is a great vehicle for what it is. Great fuel mileage, hauls 7 people, looks and drives great, can tow up to 5000 lbs, comfortable and roomy.

:thumbsup:

Year: 2013
Trim: Sport
Current mileage: 6000
Any problem or issue: none
Are you happy with your purchase: very
Would you recommend new EX ABSOLUTELY

Year: 2013 (Ordered April '13, Build May '13, Arrived Dealer Aug '13)

Trim: XLT with moonroof, roof rack and rails, tow package

Current mileage: Just under 19K; Avg 19-20 mpg but I may drive it like I stole it :)

Any problem or issue: Moon roof rattle
- Required 2 visits to dealer as well as escalation by Ford CS on forum

Are you happy with your purchase: Ecstatic!! We ordered this exact vehicle and could not have chosen better! Love the Ex and we have taken multiple trips with family and our three large dogs and it just doesn't get any better. My in-laws are Cadillac people and they are considering switching to the Ex. Pretty nice accolade there. Rear view camera is far and away superior to our Toyota 4Runner's.

Would you recommend new EX for others: Yes, I would. However, we were on something like our 7th or 8th Ford and the Ex is our 4th with Sync so MFT was a natural evolution for us. MFT can have a bit of a learning curve for someone who has never dealt with an integrated infotainment system and the dealers are pitifully undereducated on the system. Still, our 4Runner has Entune and though I love the Runner, I so miss the driver's screens with directions, climate control and entertainment info when I'm in it and that system is by no means perfect either. Ford does still owe us those Apps and Pandora is working JUST FINE in our Toyota...it can be done!!

Happy Driving- Toddy

End note...FOR THE WIN!!! Best typo I've seen in some time!
From @converted_21
Rear passenger door is not flesh at the bottom
Laughed my tail off!! Glad I'm not the only one who does these things!

Year:2011
Trim:XLT
FWD vs 4WD:4WD
Current mileage: 41,000
Any problem or issue: rear washer fluid line leak

Back