Remote Start 2011-2015 FORSCAN | Page 7 | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! Once registered you can join the Elite Explorers to eliminate ads from the website.

Remote Start 2011-2015 FORSCAN

MattMPA

Reaction score
City, State
SE PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Interceptor Utility
As I understand, there is a Ford update for when Explorer remote start HVAC goes to A/C after a minute or so of running....

Join the Elite Explorers $20 Get rid of the ads!
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!
. First register on the forum, then join the Elite Explorers to get rid of the ads!

RyanWI

Reaction score
City, State
La Crosse
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 FPIU Base
This is interesting. Never knew this was an issue with manual climate controls. Are they knobs? I’m not familiar with what they actually look like.

SmartSelect_20211202-061844_Gallery.jpg

jorgimbo

Reaction score
Any luck resolving this issue?
I am having the same problem, but I have yet to have the key cut and programmed.
I did notice that when I open the hood, there is no message saying the hood is ajar. Wonder if there is a problem with the switch?
UPDATE...Key has been cut and programmed. Vehicle starts but the remote does not activate remote start. All other functions work.
I have a base model 2015, I programmed the remote start on both bcm and ipc, but when I press the remote button on the key just get a 2 horn confirmation but not remote start, I realized my hood doesn’t show as open when you open it, this is the lower trim, so my question, do I need a hood switch, and if I do does my truck has the harness where needs to be plugged? Or where do I have to connect it?

MattMPA

Reaction score
City, State
SE PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Interceptor Utility
I have a base model 2015, I programmed the remote start on both bcm and ipc, but when I press the remote button on the key just get a 2 horn confirmation but not remote start, I realized my hood doesn’t show as open when you open it, this is the lower trim, so my question, do I need a hood switch, and if I do does my truck has the harness where needs to be plugged? Or where do I have to connect it?
I can only speak to a friend's FPIS...put we needed to put a hood pin in before the remote start would function. I'd assume you can jump the underwood connector to test...

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Russell, Ontario (Ottawa area)
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3
When you say you have a Base model, I'm guessing it is a Police Interceptor Utility given the forum in which you posted. Is that correct? There is no info in your profile?
I thought a double honk was an indication that it didn't start.

Peter