Remote Start Facts (2011 - 2015 only) | Page 30 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Remote Start Facts (2011 - 2015 only)

It was bought used. I have the ability to check or uncheck the remote start option.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
I would think that if it had remote start you would have received the proper keyfob with the vehicle. If you select remote start in the menu, does it give you any options?

Peter
Sorry, forgot to quote you.

A quote isn't always necessary if you are replying to a post directly above.
I would think that the vehicle specs sheet is probably correct and perhaps the previous owner attempted to add the remote start feature. Hard to say for sure. If you want remote start, I'm guessing that you could follow directions in this thread including getting the correct fob and have the programming done.

Peter

Being an XLT you have the hood switch, dealer will need to activate remote start if it isn't already and cut/program the key though if you have two keys already you can get it cut elsewhere and program it yourself.
Hey sir, could you help shed light on my remote start question? The dealer doesn't want to program a 5 button key fob because the build sheet says Less Remote Start and therefore they believe it will not work. I can see the pin under the hood. Do you still offer the 5 button key fobs for sale that I could have cut and program myself?

Hey sir, could you help shed light on my remote start question? The dealer doesn't want to program a 5 button key fob because the build sheet says Less Remote Start and therefore they believe it will not work. I can see the pin under the hood. Do you still offer the 5 button key fobs for sale that I could have cut and program myself?
Jason is no longer around.

Peter

Just to close out my question above: I bought an aftermarket 5 button key fob, had it cut by a locksmith and programmed it myself using my two existing keys and the remote start worked.
Thank you to all those that did this before me and contributed here.

Damn, sorry to hear that, seemed like a very knowledgeable fella. ☹️

Back