Remove Explorer letters on hood (Sport) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Remove Explorer letters on hood (Sport)

clayjo

Reaction score
City, State
Norwalk, CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Sport
Has anyone done this? Don't care much for the letters on the hood. I know what I'm driving ;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It's really pretty easy. I've debadged my previous cars so it's the same process.

Tools needed:
-Heat gun or blow dryer
-Dental floss
-scratch remover or rubbing compound
-wax
-microfiber towel

Step 1:
Heat all the letters with your blow dryer

Step 2:
Take the dental floss, and literally floss each letter off. ( apply pressure towards the hood of the car and try not to pry the letters off, but floss it off till they fall off if that makes sense)

Step 3:
Use rubbing compound or scratch remover ( Scratch-X works good) and the microfiber towel to buff out the debris from the adhesive.

Step 4:
Once the debris is removed, use the wax ( I prefer Klasse) to buff the area clean.

Step 5:
Grab a cold one and admire your hard work:chug:

Has anyone done this? Don't care much for the letters on the hood. I know what I'm driving ;)

If you want to sell them when you are finished removing them, I would be interested.

I've removed plenty of decals and glue in my day and ill tell you the easiest way I've found is a soft rubber wheel made by astro pneumatic. . If i remember right i believe it's called a smart eraser but don't quote me on that. .. once you get the emblems off use this wheel to remove the left over glue and what not you'll be amazed. .. my local napa sells them for like 11 bucks. It doesn't hurt the paint either. And works about 300 times better than goo gone and stuff like that .. I've removed a decal over 6 foot long with one of these wheels. And couldn't be happier. ..

just fyi for everyone looking if they don't have the Astro wheel local... 3M also sells a gummy wheel (might be the same one) part number 07498. Works the same way...

It's really pretty easy. I've debadged my previous cars so it's the same process.

Tools needed:
-Heat gun or blow dryer
-Dental floss
-scratch remover or rubbing compound
-wax
-microfiber towel

Step 1:
Heat all the letters with your blow dryer

Step 2:
Take the dental floss, and literally floss each letter off. ( apply pressure towards the hood of the car and try not to pry the letters off, but floss it off till they fall off if that makes sense)

Step 3:
Use rubbing compound or scratch remover ( Scratch-X works good) and the microfiber towel to buff out the debris from the adhesive.

Step 4:
Once the debris is removed, use the wax ( I prefer Klasse) to buff the area clean.

Step 5:
Grab a cold one and admire your hard work:chug:

Good info, especially step 5 -- haha.

I may take the "Ecoboost 4wd" badge off of the tailgate on my Ex. It just seems out of place, since it's like a silvery green and blue badge, lol

13tuxedosport I put the (Taurus) SHO ecoboost badge in place of the factory ecoboost4wd ,and love it

13tuxedosport I put the (Taurus) SHO ecoboost badge in place of the factory ecoboost4wd ,and love it

Do you have a pic of the back? Thinking about doing that to mine too

20130310_174152.jpg
here is the emblem

SHO badge on an Explorer....wow. Good job, what's next?

SVT badges?

Was the grille emblem from ebay also? I saw them on there but wasnt sure about the quality. Any good?
Yes they are pretty good quality. . I believe its a factory aluminum stamped piece just painted

SHO badge on an Explorer....wow. Good job, what's next?

SVT badges?

Hhahahahahah. If that gets you going. Wait until you see these stuck on the front!!!!!!!!!!! To each their own.......

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&vxp=mtr&item=261397682418

The sports are actually the same engine as the interceptor. So it's not really false advertising like the SHO badge that belongs to Taurus. The explorer is basically an oversize Taurus anyway. Seven seater Taurus to be exact.. LMAO

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/08/20/fords-explorer-based-police-interceptor-365-hp-ecoboost/

If anyone wants my explorer letters PM me.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hhahahahahah. If that gets you going. Wait until you see these stuck on the front!!!!!!!!!!! To each their own....... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&vxp=mtr&item=261397682418 The sports are actually the same engine as the interceptor. So it's not really false advertising like the SHO badge that belongs to Taurus. The explorer is basically an oversize Taurus anyway. Seven seater Taurus to be exact.. LMAO http://www.autoblog.com/2013/08/20/fords-explorer-based-police-interceptor-365-hp-ecoboost/

The interceptors and sports don't share engines. The interceptors have the 3.7 NA.

Back