Return from Cleghorn July 28th | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Return from Cleghorn July 28th

I wanted to give the people that were not there a idea of ... "Mr. Gil's wild ride"
wild_path.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

in reference to above post what happened he came down it too fast?

if i'm not mistaken, he got his wheels locked full turn and lost all power at the same time...and they say there is no such thing as an E-ticket ride anymore....:D

not to mention that last air x mark is the drop off directly down to the lake...:eek:

I wanted to give the people that were not there a idea of ... "Mr. Gil's wild ride"
wild_path.jpg

That first X is big hole and I got my bumper stuck so I backed up to go around it and it was a little steeper then I would have liked and after that it was kinda a blurr of trying to not die or kill any one.. My fabracter has now called twice to ask "what did you do to this truck" He is thinking the damage is a bent UCA mount and bent coil bucket, so he is going bend them back and gusset it.

i forgot to get a pic of his front end stance after the ride...i think someone might have...at least nothing broke and you made it home safe...:D

i forgot to get a pic of his front end stance after the ride...i think someone might have...at least nothing broke and you made it home safe...:D

he didn't make it home...he took it to his fab guy and then I took him home...and then he has the nerve to say...

"I wonder if anyone got pictures of my Nissan pulling out your Ford"

and I said....

"Well maybe we should stop and take a picture of that Ford taking your ass home!" :p:

Ok it was pretty funny...But thanks Gil for pulling my Ford out.;)

roflmao, ain't that the way it always goes....:D

cleghorntrip024bme9.jpg

he didn't make it home...he took it to his fab guy and then I took him home...and then he has the nerve to say...

"I wonder if anyone got pictures of my Nissan pulling out your Ford"

and I said....

"Well maybe we should stop and take a picture of that Ford taking your ass home!" :p:

Ok it was pretty funny...But thanks Gil for pulling my Ford out.;)

I didn't mean it as a slam.

hey mustard, it's all good...he to was joking...:D

and now for some pics, and might i add, i had some proffessional help from rangerX's granddaughter who has renamed harley, the demon dog, lol....
this is her self foto with her expression of the day...
cleghorntrip044baw5.jpg

here's the girls in the chase vehicle and this could be khiori's new avatar...
cleghorntrip012bqc7.jpg

and maybe one for ritsui too???
cleghorntrip015boo1.jpg

and here is one of froader and little stinker before she ripped his aw shot handle off the roof...i was glad i didn't have to ride home in that truck...:fart:
j/k, :D but froaders truck had plenty of gas, lol...
cleghorntrip038bsy9.jpg

cleghorntrip036bdn1.jpg

cleghorntrip034bmk9.jpg

and finally...:D
cleghorntrip026bfm9.jpg

cleghorntrip032bra4.jpg

cleghorntrip040bgc6.jpg

cleghorntrip020brm9.jpg

Wow looks like you guys had a blast. Stic-o if you need a fender let me know im getting come flaired glass fenders within 2 weeks and you can have mine if you need it.

These trails are definalty a little hardcore for my 2wd lol.

well, i guess i seen my steering problem today, or maybe just the result...i couldn't turn my truck in one paticular spot in front of rangerX and i dam near flipped her...or at least thats what i thought he meant when i heard him on the radio "damn, did you check your shorts" lmao...any ways, 2 more turns and one more 2 wheel stands later and i checked it all out where we stopped and stic-o worked on his truck...it all looked good...i checked it one more time on 2n17x cause it was really confusing on how it would turn, or not...apparently i bent my front stabilizer shock good and the boot now looks like freddy kruger got ahold of it...i wondered why it drove home better :D
cleghorntripbsx2.jpg

again, i would really like to thank khiori and ritsui for the bar b q afterwards...what a spread you put out for us and i felt bad that you were stuck with the cleanup...
a good trail run or 2 was great topped of by a fantastic bar b q finally lead me to take it totally easy today and just relax....this could become addicting...again, thank you guys and i hope to see you up at pismo...you guys will enjoy it...:D

well, i guess i seen my steering problem today, or maybe just the result...i couldn't turn my truck in one paticular spot in front of rangerX and i dam near flipped her...or at least thats what i thought he meant when i heard him on the radio "damn, did you check your shorts" lmao...any ways, 2 more turns and one more 2 wheel stands later and i checked it all out where we stopped and stic-o worked on his truck...it all looked good...i checked it one more time on 2n17x cause it was really confusing on how it would turn, or not...apparently i bent my front stabilizer shock good and the boot now looks like freddy kruger got ahold of it...i wondered why it drove home better :D
cleghorntripbsx2.jpg

At least it's a cheap easy fix. even tho i wonder how that would work with that bushing looking the way it does? don't see a washer on the inside to keep it in place unless there something i am missing or don't see in the pic
but replacing that stabilizer gotta be better than trying to fix my still sticking carb linkage:fire: grrrr

there is a washer....if you look close where the boot is tattered, you can see where it got munched...the bent frame was already there...if you drew a line from the stem thru the shock you can see it's a bent rod...i'm going to run it for awhile with out it though, but yes, it is a cheap fix...:D
i am still debating on removing the short limit straps too...i really didn't notice any real problem with them on there...:scratch:
thats the only problem, a sticking linkage???

yea i wish that was the only problem but it's the most pressing since it either idles at 200 rpm or 2000 rpm depending on it's mood i guess but i have'nt even gotten to the steering issue either but my little truck has a mind of it own in that dept. like to turn abruptly to the right or left when supposed to go straight. and the oil leak that developed after cleghorn and on and on.
it never ends

cybergasm,your d-50 is 2wd???

carlover, you could have run cleghorn in your X...there is a secondary road and there is an alternate route to every obstacle...

cybergasm,your d-50 is 2wd???

Nope it's a 4x4, IFS front suspension:fire: manual hubs/t-case working on trying to lift it alittle with the usual TT/shackles/body lift combo and try to get 30's or 31's under it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

you need to see if the f150 coil seat mod will work for it...:D there is a set of ranger front axles on here for sale with warn hubs for 100 bucks...post a stock pic of her...

Back