Return from Cleghorn July 28th | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Return from Cleghorn July 28th

So Gil messaged me yesterday. Turns out he has a bent spindel:( Could be worce though:p:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So Gil messaged me yesterday. Turns out he has a bent spindel:( Could be worce though:p:

Ummm, you're about one page too late:p:

Have you thought about the canvas/plastic windows like Rick has, i've always thought those were cool. I'm sure you're mom could make those no problem if you can get your hands on the material.

the spindle connect to the upper and lower control arm, and hold the hub that hold the wheel on..

suspension1.gif

Close.

The knuckle is the part that holds the spindle, and is usually between two ball joints (or pivot points, for those that have bearings instead of ball joints). The hub rides on bearings, which are supported by the spindle. The spindle is attached to the knuckle, and so on..

All vehicles have spindles, knuckles, and hubs. Most 4x4 people call their lockouts hubs which is wrong; a lockout is a lockout, and a hub is not a lockout, but the lockout is connected to the hub.

What changes is when it's 4x4, front wheel drive, and rear wheel drive, and then you get into full vs semi floating axles..

SIC_GIL_002.jpg

fab guy sent me this last night.. picked it up this morning.. He is also makeing me bolt on gusseting for them tell he can fab up stock size stronger spindals.

What's the white flag for? :D (and thanks for the tutorial on knuckles and spindles)

What's the white flag for? :D (and thanks for the tutorial on knuckles and spindles)

I don't think that's a flag...I think that's what's left of his side currtin Air bags:p:

Sorry I'm a bit late on my game, I've been in vegas, and had 5 mins in my day to check the board:rolleyes:

As far ar rear cargo windows, I'm going to look into making some hinged plexi-glass windows. They work like a window on the back of a camper shell;) Once I figure it out maybe I'll start selling them:D

Quote: Posted by Stic-o
"As far as rear cargo window, I'm going to look into making some hinged plexi-glass windows."

Sound's familiar Steve. I wonder whom you got that idea, um?:p:

Quote: Posted by Stic-o
"As far as rear cargo window, I'm going to look into making some hinged plexi-glass windows."

Sound's familiar Steve. I wonder whom you got that idea, um?:p:

Yes, yes ...I know :D What are the plans for latches?

Also will be at your office on the weekend...say Saturday..?;)

^ I was just getting out...The Arm's on my truck make nice steps:D

I love the posed pictures though...

Caption: Not my Truck! :p:
P1010017.jpg

So not only did Gil have his side air bags go off, but it also took out his seatbelts. He said the passenger one will not even pull down.

...I recieved this in another thread and decided it needed to find it's way home...:D

Probably the next 2N17X run :bounce:

Btw, when we did Cleghorn this week, Rit renamed a portion... I'm sure you'll know where. We now have "Stic-o's Landing" and "Gil's Hill" LOL

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey Gil!!

Where did you get that front license plate holder that fits over the winch rollers?

Thanks. :)

edit: Nevermind, google is my friend. Those things are expensive... :eek:
I think I'll be making my own. :)

Back