Return from Paragon/Carlisle 05' | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Return from Paragon/Carlisle 05'

WTF is with a turbo in the back of that stang. Only reason for a turbo there is if it was a rear engined car.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Not really, the camero has a kit where the turbo goes in the rear of the car. Not the smartest thing if you ask me but it does exist.

The idea of the turbo being back there is help prevent heat soak...however it's not worth all the extra plumbing imo...

I'll get my pics up in a little bit...and I'm gonna get Lindsy's pics scanned tonight also...idjit didn't get them on cd when she got them developed

Here are my few pics from carlisle...what fun... :thumbsup:

The awesome Mustang Badge....
17893carlisle_001a-med.jpg

17893carlisle_002a-med.jpg

17893carlisle_003a.jpg

17893carlisle_004a-med.jpg

Carnage after Paragon.. Overheat possibly due to either a bad thermostat and cap, fan clutch, or mud or a combination. Leaking rear differential and a nice dent behind the muffler, blown bead due to my stupidity, and of course a blown fuse that caused me to lose overdrive.

pics continue.....
17893carlisle_005a-med.jpg

17893carlisle_006a-med.jpg

17893carlisle_007a-med.jpg

17893carlisle_008a-med.jpg

Heh, TOO much plumbing if you run a turbo that far from the intake. HEat soak does suck but there are ways of minimizing it.

Edit I hope when he drives that thing there is a filter on that turbo. WOnt last long otherwise

Actually those remote mount turbos are said to work pretty good. They don't have any more lag than any other turbo and the long length of tubing from the turbo to the engine actually acts as an intercooler. The remote mount turbos are also alot easier to hook up because there is no modification to the manifolds.

Hmm, Never thought about the intercooler possibility there. I stand corrected.

There is a company that produces remote mount turbos as a kit but i don't remember the name of the company offhand.

Looks like a good time and alot of great pics. I wish I could have went but i took my son to the nascar race. Both first timers. Hes a Gordon fan. Gordon hit the wall on lap 42. So it wasnt a good day, he was really upset and hes only 6 yrs old. I really felt bad for him. Anyway hopefully I can make the next one.

the company is STS tubro systems doug, a guy on the dodge forum has that turbo setup and is running 419 rwhp

I'm Bing Bong.

Blee1099 said:
I'm Bing Bong.

Ok I heard that all day at Paragon, and its been bugging me as to where it came from. Im almost positive it was from a Robin Williams comedy special.

watch the movie Kicking & Screaming.. You'll understand.

Ive seen it. AHHHHHH the little tiny asian kid. HAHAHAHA. But watch the Robin Williams comedy special also, he talks about a panda named Bing Bong.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yep you got it...haha Beyoungsun LOL Me and Linds saw that movie and I about died when he signed the picture to Bing Bong...I was instantly like...BEN hahaha

Lindsy also got a new nickname Saturday morning as I was pulling out of my parking spot, but I'm not allowed to say it :eek: :p

Back