rim size? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

rim size?

right now im running stock rims i believe 15x7 w/ 30x9.50 tires. would 15x8 or 15x10 look right? can i see some pics of these different combos with this size tire or a bit bigger? I would like to get rims some day but im not sure what size i want.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you stick with a 30x9.5 tire you can't go wider than a 15x8 wheel.

I have 15x10's with 31x10.5 and that is pushing it for a 10.5" wide tire let alone a 9.5" wide tire. Also with a 10" wide wheel you will have trim the plastic trim on the bottom of the fender and the air dam on the front bumper.

This is a pic of my 31x10.5x15's on my old 15x7 wheels.

The third pic is my 15x10 wheels with the same tires.

Attachments

• MVC-002S.JPG
    MVC-002S.JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 349
  • MVC-003S.JPG
    MVC-003S.JPG
    43.7 KB · Views: 339
  • MVC-005S.JPG
    MVC-005S.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 325

attachment.php

hopefully i will be getting these rims for my b-day and/or xmas. they are Devino i cant remember the part #. oh well i like them. they are black with silver out line.

I think those wheels will look great!

Beautiful dog by the way.:thumbsup:

I have a simular question. my door panel lists my tires as 235 x 75 r15.
what is on my truck now (by the previous owner) is 255 x 70 r16. Well I am doing a tt, war153, 3"bl and 33" tires. I will be changing out my rims because I want to go black. am still pretty unclear as for tire size and rim size. I was thinking I would be going with 33 x 12.50 x 15 on black 15 x 8 rims. Does this sound about right?
this is on a 97 xlt awd.
I just want to get everything straight before i order it.
thanks
JIGA

jiga, a 15x8 wheel would be best. All though a 15x10 is only 2" wider it will cause alot of rubbing due to the amount of arc while turning lock to lock.

With your lift you will still need to do quite a bit of fender trimming.

I have 15x10" on mine because I got a real good deal on them.

If I was to do it over again I would go 15x8"

Back