Rock Crawler Xtremes | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rock Crawler Xtremes

Hey guys I am going to be gettin new rims to put on my 1999 X for the holidays and I wanted some opinions or see if anyone had any experience with the ones I was looking at..

http://www.tirepackage.com/systems....oduct=Pro+Comp+Rock+Crawler+Wheels&cat=Wheels

The ones I was lookin at were the Series 152 Street Lock or the Series 51 Black Powder... the 2 top left rims on the web page... I'm just lookin for some feedback on those or if you have any other suggestions.. thanx guys...also keep in mind i want to keep the price relatively low

FROADER said:
Every truck is different. some people fit 31s with no rubbing and some don't. If you don't mind trimming a little if they do rub go for it. You can get the F150 coil seats to lift the front about 2" for around $40 I think and then have no problem fitting the tires.

Colin, 99's don't have coil springs :p

on my 4x4 4 door stock 31's rubbed, but on my wife's 4x2 sport stock they did not rub. Same year. Like Colin said, they are all different. Get a 8 inch rim though, not a 10 inch. I run 8inch rims on my 33's and plan to stick with a 8 inch all the way to 37's

FROADER said:
Every truck is different. some people fit 31s with no rubbing and some don't. If you don't mind trimming a little if they do rub go for it. You can get the F150 coil seats to lift the front about 2" for around $40 I think and then have no problem fitting the tires.

Froader you can do that on a 2nd gen? Ive searched this site before and never came up with that. That would be great. Time to hit the local pick a part

never mind my last post you guys beat me to it lol

Back