Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Fresno CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
86 ranger no more
Callsign
KK6TDL
Seeing how I never did one of these I figure I might as well.

Here is how the truck currently sits.

020.jpg

028.jpg

027.jpg

How it came from the factory:

1993 4.0, 5spd manual trans, manual tcase, 3.73 gears, power steering, no AC, no power windows, nuthin a stripped basic truck.

Drivetrain:

Bone stock 4.0 with 193,000 plus miles.
Stock 5 Speed clutch was replaced at about 190,000 miles with a parts store regular one.
1350 manual tcase crawlerbox from d.d machine
Stock 1354 manual for the second case

Axles:

Front- 1984 jeep wagonner dana 44, 4.88 aussie locker. It has been coverted to 5 on 5.5 bolt pattern. Swapped to flat top knuckles with a histeer arm frm sky manufaturing on the passanger side to get cross over steering. Steering links use Chevy tierod ends and are made of 1.5x .250 wall chom moly tubing.

Rear axle- First gen explorer 8.8 with 4.88 gears and welded spiders. Wheel spacer to get 5 on 5.5 bolt pattern.

Front suspension:

Built my own 3 link with a mix of currie johny joints, bushings and heim joints. Lower links are 2" square 1/4" think tubing. Upper is 1.75 .120 wall tubing. drag link is 1.5x.250 chrom moly tubing. It uses 8" skyjacker tj front coil springs and some 13" travel shocks on f250 shock mounts

Rear suspension:

63" chevy truck rear springs and a chevy lowering shackle. Some old rs5000 shocks on it as well

Gas tank:

BroncoII gas tank behind the rear axle using the ranger fuel pump in it.

Tires:37 12.5 x 17 BFG muds. have an off the wall 37" for a spare as well.

Front bumper has a warn 9.5xp winch inside of it behind the grill to keep the best approch angle possible.
Rear bumper is just some 2x4 tubing
In the cab is a roll cage made of 1.5x.120 tubing, a cd player that was in it when I bought it and a basic cb.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

....Nice truck and it's about time...:biggthump

^-- LOL wow I remember that pic!

Back